imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 03-29-2012, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
I let a young boy (At most 10-11 years old) shoot the last couple rounds I had for the AK74 I rented on my 18th birthday, and he handled firing on full auto like a champ
That's fortunate.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
Personally though I think it's irresponsible to let children fire fully automatic weapons. Those things can be hard to control if you don't know what your doing.
In this case it was the son of one of the vendors and it's not the kids first experiance with automatic weapons. Frankly the kid is really well trained for his age. I've watched the kid put 19 rounds through a Barret M99.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
And when you teach your little girl how to take apart a gun, she becomes this girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irykjLjuKo8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDlod...K15QgcA0_76bM=

She was 11 in that vid and that was 2008. Imagine what she's like now.
She becomes Morigan Sanders
Old 06-02-2012, 06:46 PM

Yes, movies, TV and games especially will always be cited as a negative influence on people who go ape$h!t in real life but yet while some of these various forms of entertainment might get gratuitous, it does get unsound if you put ALL the blame on the creators.

The parents should be supervising or at least making sure that their children even know what they're doing while playing the game. And if it's inappropriate for their age group then just make them wait. Just because their friends are playing it doesn't mean they have to just yet.

And if they're still just inmature at the 15 or 16 age minimum, then seek counseling, therapy or keep any dangerous firearm away from them. I just don't see how any of these parents can live with themselves, letting their child grow up in ignorance, hoping that the teachers at school will get that into their head.

They have to play a part and just because they're busy paying the bills and putting food on the table does not give them an excuse to not keep an eye on their young, loved ones (well, assuming they love them).
Old 06-13-2012, 07:13 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackmann08 View Post
Is there evidence to suggest that violent video games have a negative effect on our youth, yes, there is.
Well, there's evidence that they have a negative effect, positive effect, make you more violent, make you less violent, increase and decrease your attention span, make you more and less sociable, increase and decrease your vocabulary and writing abilities, increase and decrease fine motor skills...

I think the balance of all research is they don't do anything.