imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 11-09-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Oliveira View Post
And that gentlemen, is why you never screw around with guns on set without armourer supervision.
That's just plain stupid.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:32 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

It's a shame for Brandon Lee. He seemed to have a promising career ahead of him.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 11-09-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
It's a shame for Brandon Lee. He seemed to have a promising career ahead of him.
First the Legendary "Bruce Lee" died tragically and then a couple decades later so would his son.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:18 PM

Location: west of NY, east of Cali, south of Canada, north of Mexico

Without knowing your personal firearms experience, budget or crew setup and camera package, I would advise you to use blank firing guns. They are expensive, but still much cheaper and safer than real firearms. Just as loud though, so have lots of extra hearing protection on set. You can pick up black foam ear plugs for your actors.

Unless you are going to have a dedicated propmaster/armorer on set to control the use of real weapons, don't use them. I've worked low budget and no budget films for years, along with some bigger budget fare, and for a small crew with no armorer it's much better to have blank guns on set.

Also, the blank ammunition itself is much cheaper and much easier to get than crimped blanks.

If you have an assortment of calibers in real weapons you really do need someone who knows what they are doing loading and preparing the guns for scenes.

With blank fire guns it's easier, as you can purchase all the same caliber as there are only 3 to choose from anyway. 9mmPAK, 8mm, and 380 revolver.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:51 PM

The blank options are just as expensive as what I've got (a .22 derringer and a 7.62 Nagant, which can fire .32 S&W blanks).