imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 05-17-2009, 03:47 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I've actually had a couple of movie cameos. I dunno if anyone noticed, but on the "Kiss The Girls" page in the discussion section, I mentioned that I was in that movie. And I was actually on-set with Morgan Freeman, too.

That's awesome! How did you come across this opportunity?
Old 05-17-2009, 04:15 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
That's awesome! How did you come across this opportunity?
Quite a bit of the movie was filmed on location in NC (but not at UNC, which turned them away), including the scene at the beginning which supposedly takes place in DC. Local extras were used on some scenes. However, some scenes - especially re-shoots - supposedly taking place in NC were also done elsewhere (Canada). One thing I'm still lamenting to this day is how they mix footage of the Duke and UNC campuses to confuse viewers into thinking they're the same school.

The thing is, after many years of looking over a copy of the film on VHS, I'm fairly certain that the most you see of me in the movie is the back of my head and my right arm during the opening scene. So it's barely even a "cameo". At one point in filming, the camera did pass in front of my face, but as best I can tell, any footage showing me clearly was left on the editing room floor. I was very disappointed (because I was about 11 at the time) that I didn't appear visibly.

But at least I got Morgan Freeman's autograph on a Tar Heel basketball.

Last edited by MT2008; 05-17-2009 at 04:18 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:08 PM

Ooops, I did write .45 instead of .50
The joke must have changed halfway through writing it.
But if you do make movies, please please please don't ignore misfires. I find it so ridiculous when someone's gun jams or runs out, and they are firing it again a millisecond later.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:08 PM
IMFDB Admin

Trust me, I would never allow that to happen. Also, I'd use realistic gun fire (echoes outside, short and deafening inside), have the actors fake recoil (properly), and have them take firearms training course or teach them myself how to handle a firearm properly. Unless they are some dumbass drug dealer character. Then they can do what they want, since it would be realistic for them to know nothing.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:16 PM

The character with the concealed weapon is a less than sentimental man. He is pretty much just a killer with larger intentions who sees his guns as a means to an end, so efficacy is my ideal here. Exotic fire arms however would play in well as being part of the thread of him making it difficult to track his weapon purchases until after he has made his kills.

Threading the silencer on after pulling it works perfectly for my character, as preparation, and advanced timing are absolute components of this character, and his method. So the question becomes, what silencer pistol combo is best for efficacy and concealability? The goal here is for a man who naturally blends in not to raise any flags until after the fact, so a minimal disruption of his profile would be best, but I can write in some tricky little extra pocket or some such thing if necessary to ad some flair.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:23 PM
IMFDB Admin

You can't suppress a revolver, but maybe a 4" Smith & Wesson 500 would suit him, since it will definately stop whomever he wants it to.

The only gun I could think of being "exotic" is the FN Five-seveN, since the round isn't super common and is good for body armor. Ever other compact gun I can think of is either too typical or too boring.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:29 PM

The character with the concealed weapon is a less than sentimental man. He is pretty much just a killer with larger intentions who sees his guns as a means to an end, so efficacy is my ideal here. Exotic fire arms however would play in well as being part of the thread of him making it difficult to track his weapon purchases until after he has made his kills.

Threading the silencer on after pulling it works perfectly for mt character, as preparation, and advanced timing are absolute components of this character, and his method. So the question becomes, what silencer pistol combo is best for efficacy and concealability? The goal here is for a man who naturally blends in not to raise any flags until after the fact, so a minimal disruption of his profile would be best, but I can write in some tricky little extra pocket or some such thing if necessary to ad some flair.

As for the Shansi type 17, could the barrel be retrofitted with an inbuilt suppressor? This question extends to all of these guns. In truth, my preference is to guns with a more modern feel and cleaner lines, at least for this character, but for the ceramic man, any gun model will do.

Another question. I swear that I was watching the history channel while eating Thai food at like 4 in the morning a while ago, and that the guy leading the show people through the fire arms demonstrations showed off a .22 pistol with a 30 or so round capacity that fired in automatic. Now I could easily have the numbers wrong, but I swear he was demonstrating an automatic .22 pistol. Now this may have been under the influence of Panang curry from a place famous for it's hot curry, but I am so certain I saw this pistol. He pointed the pistol at a target paper, pulled the trigger, and the damn thing just flew apart. Now someone on this board must know what I am talking about.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:02 PM

Five sevens arent exotic, they are quite common, hell 5.7x28mm is the only pistol caliber i can find around here, it is expensive though, and armor piercing stuff isnt sold. A 7.62x25mm will pierce armor, libs just dont see a need to go after a cz-52 or tt33.

Most .22s are also pretty big, and rimfires arent combat reliable, mostly do to ammo. Id go centerfire.

And a nagant revolver can be silenced, the rounds just wimpy, 157 ft lbs in a fmj....
Old 05-18-2009, 12:45 AM

Nagant revolver....
that's the one that moves the cylinder up with each shot right? Better chamber seal... makes sense.
But it has a 20lb trigger pull in double action, that's got to be punishing.

As for Five-seveN, I have loved that thing for a long time now, but I guess blanks don't do too well in it.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:59 AM

The 5.7 pistol is underpowered, its basically a .22 amg in stopping power. It is accurate as anything though, my friend hits the 100 yard target with his