imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 12-30-2012, 05:05 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

I don't understand her either. She's wealthy, I'm fairly certain an elitist and old. Seventy-nine. She turns eighty in June. I think that much of what she does is to appeal to her core supporters in and around San Francisco and nothing else. The hell with legalities. But nevertheless I figured everyone should know the details. So she doesn't slip it through on the sly.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:47 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

She really doesn't understand what her new bill is going to do to the NFA. They and the ATF will be annoyed as hell with the literal millions of forms they need to review and approve since the bill makes a Glock into an assault weapon

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 12-30-2012, 10:11 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
feinstein bill says it cant have more than 1 military feature. Military features now includes detachable mags and pistol grips. So pistols are banned. And it says grandfathered weapons must be nfa registered. Many states ban carrying nfa weapons.

I have no fear of her bill. When bidens bill comes out, well, thats different. But knowing him he'll probaly make it legal to sell a ma deuce at wal mart by mistake.
Detachable mags isn't counted as a military feature, that is the first criteria to determine if something is an AW, and then if it has 1 military feature (2 for the old AWB) it is banned. However, assuming that they are basing this on the original AWB, there were different characteristics for rifles, pistols and shotguns. For pistols the characteristic that made something an AW were being over a certain weight, having a magazine outside the pistol grip, being a version of a full auto weapon, having a barrel shroud, or having a threaded barrel. As she is proposing the one strike system this would make all "Tactical" pistols with a threaded barrel illegal, but the majority of pistols (with reduced capacity magazines) would remain legal.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:09 PM
IMFDB Admin

The weapons list is at the end. http://s3.documentcloud.org/document...13-summary.pdf
Old 01-24-2013, 09:39 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
I have to say that is pretty moronic. First off I disagree with the whole idea of banning something by name, as either it meets a set of criteria for a ban or it doesn't, to decide to ban it arbitrarily on a whim seems ridiculous to me.

Secondly, some of the guns that are specifically named in this bill are just plain ridiculous. Some are to be expected and would be banned anyway based on the criteria like the AR-15s and AKs, but some have absolutely no business being there at all. For example, Barrett M82A1s and M107s. Are these assault weapons? Has anyone ever shot up a crowded public area with an anti-material rifle? No, this is just an excuse to slip stuff like this into a ban under the radar. I don't even understand the need to ban high caliber rifles, they cost an absolute bomb and how many have ever actually been used for criminal purposes in the USA? There are also some other rare and expensive guns that have probably never been used in a crime, like the H&K PSG-1. I'd also be curious to know how many shooting have ever been carried out with an FN LAR, or a SIG AMT

They are also including .22 replicas of "assault weapons" like the Umarex Uzi Rifle and Armalite M15 22LR Carbine, implying that they care more about how something looks than how it functions.

I had previously said that Kel-Tec would probably do pretty well out of the ban with their SU-16 series, but that will not be the case as they are specifically banned along with the RFB and Sub-2000, so they have gotten well and truly shafted. I had previously read that Kel-Tec heard the KSG was going to be on the list but it isn't, maybe this is a draft and they forgot it.

I am also puzzled as the why they ban the LAW-12. I can understand the SPAS-12 as it looks "scary" and that is apparently not allowed, but I wouldn't say the LAW-12 is aesthetically or functionally different to many other semi auto shotguns which are not named, like the Benellis.

Not related to the list, but the "37% of police departments reported seeing a noticeable increase in criminals’ use of assault weapons since the 1994 federal ban expired" fact made me laugh, as if you actually think about it, it sort of implies that assault weapon usage has actually gone down rather than up.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:49 PM

I love how they consider bayonet lugs evil, has there ever been a crime commit with a bayonet, or a mass shooting that involved stabbng people with your gun?

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 01-24-2013, 10:17 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

One of the guns on display was a Beretta Cx4 Storm. Feinstein is roping this rifle along with other Assault Weapons. How is a rifle that was originally not designed as a military weapon. There's a military variant of it, but as far as I can tell, it was turned into a full auto SMG after the civilian rifle was out.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-24-2013, 10:22 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
One of the guns on display was a Beretta Cx4 Storm. Feinstein is roping this rifle along with other Assault Weapons. How is a rifle that was originally not designed as a military weapon. There's a military variant of it, but as far as I can tell, it was turned into a full auto SMG after the civilian rifle was out.
Even the poor man's CX4, the Hi-Point carbine made it. It's here because it... has a pistol grip?
Old 01-26-2013, 01:03 AM

Well Fineswine has admitted that it's poposal will violate people's rights.

I forget what is the penalty for violating an Oath to protect and Defend the US Constitution? Isn't doing so something called Treason.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:31 AM

Like Obama won't let her off?

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman