Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 12-19-2008, 05:34 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default The Dark Knight

How'd it come out? I'm happy with it.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:52 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Nice job!

Also, did you ever find the Jericho 941 that somebody said was in the scene where Gambol gets killed?
Old 12-19-2008, 08:21 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Guess there never was one and someone just thought he saw one. I think a lot of people sometimes sees a cool gun they like all the time and in every movie just because they can' tell from one gun to another.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 12-19-2008, 09:21 PM
IMFDB Admin

Default It was a Beretta Inox

Look at the Inox section, it is one of the guns dug into a guy's shoulder. I assume they saw that and thought it was a Baby Eagle.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:11 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Look at the Inox section, it is one of the guns dug into a guy's shoulder. I assume they saw that and thought it was a Baby Eagle.
Which is weird to me because the Jericho (I hate calling it "Baby Eagle", just cause that's the lame-ass name Magnum Research gave it) looks nothing like a Beretta. I have occasionally mistaken the Jericho for the CZ-75 (which makes a little more sense, because it was based on the CZ-75), but how anyone can mistake it for a Beretta is just beyond me.

Also, I should point out that it looks like one of the guys in that scene is using another Glock. You can say it in some of your screencaps.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:48 AM
IMFDB Admin

I prefer Baby Eagle because Jericho 941 is actually not an accurate name anymore since they don't have it chambered in .41 AE now. (since 941 is 9mm and .41 AE).
Old 12-20-2008, 01:05 AM

With that logic, Baby Eagle doesn't make sense either, as it is not a smaller Desert Eagle, nor a baby, nor an eagle. I know guys that own "Baby Eagles" but have enough sense to call it a Jericho. You should too.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:11 AM
IMFDB Admin

I use the term Jericho but I always kind of liked Baby Eagle as a term (never thought about how it didn't have a reason for the name tho, now I realise it is pretty dumb). I shot one in .45 ACP, it was a nice gun. It fed my crappy wadcutter reloads so I had a way to get rid of them.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:53 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

941 may not make sense, but the very name "Jericho" is one you can associate with Ashkenazi war-making prowess. Not like "Baby Eagle", which sounds like what it is - a commercial name invented by a company trying to capitalize off the success of another product.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:58 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I've seen markings on a Jericho being named the "Uzi Eagle". It's the one with the frame mounted safety. I've also fired the compact Jericho before, in 9mm and the polymer frame verison, and thought about buying it because it just felt very natural in your hand.

Maybe they should have called it the "insert a more cooler name" eagle, instead of Baby since it makes the gun kinda wimpy sounding. They called their other pistols Barak, and Bul Cherokee.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”