imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 03-06-2011, 08:32 AM

Default Kane & Lynch 2 page is gone

I wanted to check the specific name of that Yugoslav AK and when I went to the page it only said "Kane" and nothing else. Just curious if this'll fix up when the servers sort themselves out
Old 03-06-2011, 11:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to Orca1_9904 Send a message via MSN to Orca1_9904 Send a message via Yahoo to Orca1_9904

The page is still there, it's just another glitch from the 'upgrade' Bunni implemented that's causing articles with non-alphanumeric (0-9, A-z) characters to come back as bad links. The same thing is happening to articles such as any of the Heckler & Koch weapons or articles with ':' in their title.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:32 AM
Site Manager

This should be fixed now. Let me know if you still run into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008
He doesn't. He just floats around and lets the members of the Imperium decide on the fate of condemned pages. He gave the membership the power and thus trusts us to use it wisely.......
Old 03-10-2011, 03:20 PM

Thank you for your help MPM.
I use different search engines calibrated to display results from all over the world. I have to because I do research in different languages.
As I mentioned to you with a PM right before I joined imfdb, I lived in the U.S. for 10 years between 1998 and 2008 so I know about "converting your stock AK into a Mall Ninja 'Tacti-Cool' monstrosity". I've witnessed that many times.
It's very much like a TURBO sticker behind a Toyota Corolla.
I have to know the origin of these AK's, what country they were produced.

In the United States especially, Customizing "things" is quite common. And there is nothing wrong with it. It's a matter of preference. I've seen people customizing anything from a coffee maker to a tank (yes, a low rider tank). But in this part of the world, especially among terrorists and outlaws, customizing is considered a luxury and therefore it is not very common.

These weapons were captured about a thousand miles from where I live and I didn't get a chance to go there and ID them. And they are remarkable because they are not the kind of AK's Turkish authorities apprehend every day. Hence the reason for this thread. You help me and I help them. Simple as that. No confusion here.
Again. Thank you all for your help. It is appreciated.