imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 11-25-2012, 05:52 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

The Microsoft store has Binary Domain for the Xbox for ten bucks. I'm kicking myself for ordering it used from Gamefly for $15 last week.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:35 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I just saw Red Dawn and the only problem with it is really the North Korea plot. If you forget about the fact that they didn't provide any backstory on the North Koreans and how they really invaded the US.

Also, whoever wrote the script really likes the Marines. It's constant here

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 11-25-2012, 11:51 PM

Yeah, if you turn your brain off for a bit and imagine th NKs as Chinese, it is okay as far as plotting goes.

Aside from that, and keep in mind, I'm a huge fan of the original, I loved the movie from the end to the beginning.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:53 AM

I read a plot summary of the original version with the Chinese and the angle that they came to "liberate" us and it actually sounded pretty good and the idea of China moving to take possession of land that our politicians *allegedly* used as collateral for monetary benefits at least seemed plausible (the 1980s style paratrooper invasion, not so much, I know). Did the theatrical version keep that angle or was it changed to just evil North Koreans conquering us because they're evil?

I'm hoping the original unaltered version with the Chinese enemy is stashed away in a vault somewhere and might see the light of day some time down the road.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 11-26-2012, 04:06 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

As I said, the movie doesn't tell us what's going on. We've got some propaganda where the Koreans are saying they are saving us from corporate American and greedy politicians but they don't go into details about that

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 11-26-2012, 07:37 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
As I said, the movie doesn't tell us what's going on.
Oh, so it's exactly like Homefront, then.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:10 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
Oh, so it's exactly like Homefront, then.
Yup, except it tells us even LESS

Old 11-26-2012, 03:20 PM

Yeah, some of the news snippets at the beginning alude to a crumbling world economy, but then delves into North Korea menance.

A bunch of propaganda posters about concerning corporate corruption and such.

Still an awesome movie though. Thoroughly enjoyed, will probably watch it again. And intend to start rinking Rolling Rock a bit more.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:44 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

Saw the trailer for the incoming World War Z movie. There´s no clue of the SIR or the LOBO, due to the fact that they used 28 Days Later zombies/infected.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:29 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-capture...zJwcmjxdqu8.99

I have no problem with JGL, but I can't be alone in my insistence that BATMAN MUST BE BRUCE WAYNE. I'd have a hard time believing that Wonder Woman or Green Lantern could exist in the Nolan-verse anyway. If he were to actually play Bruce Wayne, then it'd be a bit weird.