imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 06-30-2010, 10:06 PM
IMFDB Admin

Default I need help from gun-savvy folk such as yourselves to track something down.

I recently ordered a Denix replica M1928 Thompson submachine gun with a 50-round drum (it's the nice "tommy gun" model, now I have my own "choppa") out of BudK cutterly magazine for my 17th birthday. I'm very pleased with the quality of this replica and now I have another prop weapon to use in the movies I'm trying to make over summer.

Now my problem is I'm trying to locate a 20-round magazine also made by Denix that fits their M1928A1 model they sell, but also fits my new M1928. I've scoured the internet for quite a while and I can't seem to find the damn thing. I don't want to buy the whole M1928A1 model just to get the magazine, that would be kind of foolish of me. But I can't find individual magazines from Denix for sale. If anybody can locate one for sale on any sites for me please let me know.

I've located some 20 and 30 round ACTUAL magazines for decent prices, but I don't know if they'll fit in the zinc replica properly, which is why I'm trying to locate the denix replica mag, because I KNOW that will fit at least.

Please and thank you.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:48 PM

Yeah, I'd definately be careful about trying to mix replicas and original pieces. I bought an IMA reproduction holster & stock for my Artillery Luger and although the holster fits fine, the lug on the stock isn't even close. And I bought it for shooting in the first place. $180 down the drain right there...
Old 06-30-2010, 11:53 PM

Aren't you allergic to zinc?

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 07-01-2010, 12:34 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Aren't you allergic to zinc?
I honestly don't know, I think I was wearing these weird gloves when I was holding a different zinc replica and the gloves caused the allergic reaction, as I've had no symptoms from zinc since.

btw, if anybody OWNS one of these magazines that they don't need (a big if I'm sure) also let me know if you're willing to sell it.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:56 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
I recently ordered a Denix replica M1928 Thompson submachine gun with a 50-round drum (it's the nice "tommy gun" model, now I have my own "choppa") out of BudK cutterly magazine for my 17th birthday. I'm very pleased with the quality of this replica and now I have another prop weapon to use in the movies I'm trying to make over summer.

Now my problem is I'm trying to locate a 20-round magazine also made by Denix that fits their M1928A1 model they sell, but also fits my new M1928. I've scoured the internet for quite a while and I can't seem to find the damn thing. I don't want to buy the whole M1928A1 model just to get the magazine, that would be kind of foolish of me. But I can't find individual magazines from Denix for sale. If anybody can locate one for sale on any sites for me please let me know.

I've located some 20 and 30 round ACTUAL magazines for decent prices, but I don't know if they'll fit in the zinc replica properly, which is why I'm trying to locate the denix replica mag, because I KNOW that will fit at least.

Please and thank you.
Real mags are still cheaper and more available than Denix replacement mags. Just hold a real mag closely and see where the holes are drilled. Usually they are higher on the replica so that real mags DON'T stick. Ream out the holes carefully and keep checking the fit so you don't over do it.