imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 05-07-2011, 06:14 PM

Yet another passage:

Greg woke up on the floor with a throbbing pain in his head. It wasn’t from migraines. Those felt like tremors. He shifted his gaze up to the kitchen table, where Katie was finishing up the rest of her chips. He put one hand on the countertop and pulled himself up. He then leaned on the table and looked at Katie.

“What happened?” he asked, rubbing the back of his head.

“You and Roc got into a brawl and I ended it with this.” She said, holding up her Walther.

“Wait a minute, you clubbed me with your gun?”

“I clubbed the both of you. If you had gone on any longer, this place would look like Britain after the Blitz.”

Greg walked over to the refrigerator, took an ice pack out from the freezer, and rubbed it against the back of his head. He then put on a pot of coffee and placed a few biscuits on a plate.

“What’s that for?” Katie asked.

“It’s tea time.” He replied.

“You’re not English.”

“No, but my mum’s parents were. So I’m a little bit English.”

He sat down next to her and took a bite out of a biscuit.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 05-07-2011, 06:29 PM

you do know unlike the movies you dont just get up and at them from a knocout, the cause brain and skull damage and are extremely dangerous. Maybe tranqing? a good double taze and shell tells them to stop?

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 05-07-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
you do know unlike the movies you dont just get up and at them from a knocout, the cause brain and skull damage and are extremely dangerous. Maybe tranqing? a good double taze and shell tells them to stop?
Doesn't tranqing take awhile?

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 05-07-2011, 10:15 PM

its not instant but its quick, few seconds. Tasing would be cool too.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 05-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Doesn't tranqing take awhile?
About 10 minutes at least.

Quote:
Tasing doesn't cause loss of consciousness.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtReynoldsMoustache View Post
About 10 minutes at least.

Tasing doesn't cause loss of consciousness.

Tasing is an alternative i was suggesting it ends the fight, maybe giving them a few jolts when they dont shut up. Tranquing can be quick or slow, depends what you use. Odds are she wouldnt have it anyway. Chloroform is fast though, seconds. Ether too. Either way, metal to skull is called DEADLY FORCE by pretty much every pd in the country.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 05-07-2011, 10:52 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Tranquilizing is something that requires the perfect dosage amoung to work. Too much, and you could kill someone. Too little, and it'll take too long to work, or not work at all.

That's why at the zoo the animal control tranq. guns have the proper dosage needed to take down a lion or tiger if it escapes, but if you shot someone with it by accident, you'd likely stop their heart.

Now try to enjoy that scene from Old School when you realize he'd have died in that pool. (If you hate Will Ferrell then that works even better)
Old 05-07-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Now try to enjoy that scene from Old School when you realize he'd have died in that pool. (If you hate Will Ferrell then that works even better)
If we can magically replace Will Ferrel with George Lopez or Tyler Perry, then I would be laughing my ass off.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 05-08-2011, 10:29 PM

Another passage:

He sat down next to her and took a bite out of a biscuit. The coffee was done and he poured himself a mug. He sat back down and took a sip. The caffeine revived his senses and he could now think more clearly.

“Have you heard about Somalia? Another conflict is going on.” He said to Katie, who was nibbling on a biscuit.

“Greg, there has been a conflict in Somalia for twenty eight years now.”

“Yes, but this one is different. The government is fighting against Al-Shabaab, not some local warlord’s militia. These boys mean business, Kate. They’ve taken over most of southern Somalia, including the old capital.”

“Al-Shabaab?”

“It’s an Islamic insurgency group that has ties to Al-Queda, or what’s left of Al-Queda. You know the government would pay us to fight for them.”

“Greg, you’re a textbook workaholic. Whenever we’re done with one job, you somehow manage to get another and we have to pack our things up just when we have finished unpacking. Please, just give us two months off before you find another job for us.”

“Okay. I didn’t know that you felt that way. Do you want to know what I feel?”

“Go ahead. Shoot.”

“When you have had experienced war, you start to love the feeling you get from it. I was soldier back in the bush. Here back in civilization, I’m just like everyone else. When I was the LRA’s captive, something inside me changed. I don’t know what, but I’ve never felt like myself ever since. I have my personality and my love of literature and music and life, but I don’t feel the same.”

“I heard that war does that to some people.”

“Well, you only know a little bit of war. I’ve trained you how to use a gun and knife, but compared to my training for Recces, yours was just a walk in the park. Mine was a trip to hell and back.”

“You’re exaggerating a bit, aren’t you?”

“No, I’m not. I was the runt of the litter of the ones that succeeded training. They were six feet or taller and weighted around two hundred pounds. I was only five foot seven and weighted only a hundred and fifty-five pounds.”

“How the hell did you even pass?” Katie asked, getting more interested in his story.

“My staff sergeant thought that I made up my lack of physically with my other skills. He said that I was a brilliant strategist, one of the best he had ever seen. He also said I was an expert marksman. During weapons training, all of the rounds I fired hit the middle of the target in a small cluster.”

Old 05-09-2011, 01:11 AM

What are Recces equivalant to as a u.s. force?

Grunt, Mass effect 3