imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 08-23-2011, 06:55 AM

Default Trolls on the database

What should we users do about suspected trolls on the database? I know that we should report them and ignore them. Outside of that I'm not sure what to do as we currently have what is IMO a troll on the discussion page for the admin list. their very first post on the forum was to call the admins corrupt and that they banned people for no reason. Now for someone's very first post they are either a sockpuppet of a banned user or they are a troll. Either way they should be banned IMO.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:35 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
What should we users do about suspected trolls on the database? I know that we should report them and ignore them. Outside of that I'm not sure what to do as we currently have what is IMO a troll on the discussion page for the admin list. their very first post on the forum was to call the admins corrupt and that they banned people for no reason. Now for someone's very first post they are either a sockpuppet of a banned user or they are a troll. Either way they should be banned IMO.
Abusive multiple accounts or creating a new profile just to circumvent one's banishment, is already in the rules as cause for banning. The thing I find funny is the moviemaster1993 is so consistently stupid in his 'covert ops' against IMFDB. When the first post of a newbie user is to attack the mods as being corrupt and to bitch about us not finishing the Transformers 3 page to their liking .... it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out who they are. Off to the ban hammer he goes.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:52 AM
IMFDB Admin

Didn't even bother to change his arguments. I was going to drop the hammer, but you beat me to it.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:26 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Abusive multiple accounts or creating a new profile just to circumvent one's banishment, is already in the rules as cause for banning. The thing I find funny is the moviemaster1993 is so consistently stupid in his 'covert ops' against IMFDB. When the first post of a newbie user is to attack the mods as being corrupt and to bitch about us not finishing the Transformers 3 page to their liking .... it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out who they are. Off to the ban hammer he goes.
Any luck on getting him to stop using your images on his wiki?
Old 08-23-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
So when's he getting an IP ban? (Unless he's already on one :P)

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wierd It View Post
So when's he getting an IP ban? (Unless he's already on one :P)
An IP ban is easy to circumvent, though. I've found a few programs that enable surfing via fake IP addresses (one of which I plan to hopefully buy a subscription to come September, if I can afford it, since the more nefarious individuals out there can do a whole hell of a lot to you with just your IP address) and there are also proxy websites that you can use to surf under fake IP addresses. Someone can also just as easily go down to the local library and use a computer there.

Not that the mods shouldn't ban every IP address that trolls like POI an MM93 show up under, though. Just saying.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 08-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Formerly "Michael Westen"

These buy fake passport PM's are reaaaaaaaaaally getting on my nerves. I never knew there could be junk mail on a forum...
Old 08-25-2011, 05:41 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Westen View Post
These buy fake passport PM's are reaaaaaaaaaally getting on my nerves. I never knew there could be junk mail on a forum...
Wrong thread. This is not a SPAM thread. This is a Troll thread. Capice?
Old 09-03-2011, 02:25 AM

Yet another one of moviemaster's troll accounts is spamming all of the user pages about MPM2008 again.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:48 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markit View Post
Yet another one of moviemaster's troll accounts is spamming all of the user pages about MPM2008 again.
You know, if they spent half that effort on their shitty little wiki, it wouldn't be nearly as ... shitty.