imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 09-19-2014, 03:18 AM

She has the flying saucer from "Forbidden Planet" listed as a weapon! What kind of research did she do?

David.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:09 PM
Site Manager

I've actually been talking with the artist recently, it's too bad she didn't come to us earlier I think we could have been a lot of help on the research end but she is very open to input. I'm trying to do more work with her going forward since some of her illustrations are really excellent and allow for the creation of images of all the customized movie guns we can't really build and photograph anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008
He doesn't. He just floats around and lets the members of the Imperium decide on the fate of condemned pages. He gave the membership the power and thus trusts us to use it wisely.......
Old 09-19-2014, 11:15 PM
Site Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-guns/comments

Though she did original 'artwork' on a lot of the guns, she makes some seriously strange errors on how the guns should look. Though I think I recognize some of the guns as the exact model, lighting and look of pics I shot for IMFDB. No issue there, just something I noticed.

And I can't help but think that she got most of the info from IMFDB rather than do the research herself. I wonder if she did use us as reference and give us credit?
I noticed that too - she said she is giving us a credit in the book. She's first and foremost an artist and I think whoever was helping her with the research sloppily repackaged imfdb...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008
He doesn't. He just floats around and lets the members of the Imperium decide on the fate of condemned pages. He gave the membership the power and thus trusts us to use it wisely.......