imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 03-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Default Other gun forums

One of the first gun forums I ever joined was The High Road back on 03. I finally got very frustrated and stopped going there for a couple years. I went back a couple years ago and for awhile everything was fine, but that forum seems to draw a very extreme element. A pretty unpleasant element.

So today I finally said the hell with it and for the first time I've begun to blast some of the more strident posters on one of the threads. Enough is enough. Now I'm waiting to see if they ban me. Not that I'm trying to get banned, but there comes a point. Say all you want about taking the High Road sometimes it just feels good to wade into something Full Steam Ahead.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:59 PM

heh. Another more generalized forum I frequent has the occassional anti-gun thread. That is where I like to wade in occassionally.

No bans yet, but my "karma" is pretty low.

It keeps me warm. [/Red Dawn]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkman on THR
You win Pretentious Poster of the Year
BRILLANCE!

Last edited by SPEMack618; 03-16-2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: found cool Jeff post to quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:38 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
heh. Another more generalized forum I frequent has the occassional anti-gun thread. That is where I like to wade in occassionally.

No bans yet, but my "karma" is pretty low.

It keeps me warm. [/Red Dawn]

BRILLANCE!
Yeah I know. Real mature, but that Deanimator is a real pain in the neck. He's always doing snide little things like that (insulting you in Latin). Nobody ever tells him that he's an annoying little dork.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:16 PM

Yeah, reading through some threads on THR make me thankful for TFL and this place.

The crazies are at a minimum and non-existent here.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:50 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Well I stopped going onto THR for a couple years, but then I wandered back. I'm done this time. I like imfdb, Smith & Wesson forum and the Colt forums. They tend to be the calmest (usually) and the most polite.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:54 PM

Yeah, I like the atmosphere here a lot.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:30 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

I've been banned. But it sure felt good to tell those yahoos off after ten years. They allow those guys to insult and berate everyone else (in other words anything but High Road behavior. behavior which violates their own rules) without a peep, but if people who feel different respond in kind they get very morally indignant. Oh well at least I won't be tempted to return anymore. Because I've been banned. Forever.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:40 AM

The whole hijcking of the high road and it being stolen property turn me off, that and its an overmoderated hell hole. I like Glocktalk, its got a lounge, non firearm interest forums to hang out in, and besides the conspiracy theorists and liberal trolls plenty of knowlegeable people

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 03-17-2013, 01:09 PM

Just M4Carbine.net for me, but they apparently restricted my posting rights after I made an inquiry regarding the CQBR and Mk 18.

I've heard about THR and the naming dispute before, though.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 03-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Just M4Carbine.net for me, but they apparently restricted my posting rights after I made an inquiry regarding the CQBR and Mk 18.

I've heard about THR and the naming dispute before, though.
Yeah that was when I went away the first time. They two founders were engaged in a legal fight and there were two THR forums in exsistence. As a result the Fringe Element came on really strong and the moderators basically let them take over. I walked away the first time when there was a thread going that said if you call paramedics you're just giving govermental assassins free access to your home. At that point I asked the moderator to remove me from member list, but nobody responded and nothing happened.

Like I said I ended up wandering back and for awhile the forum seemed to have mellowed out, but in the past couple of months the Fringe People have returned. There was a thread attacking cops (that's a very common and popular thread topic on THR nowadays) and the two worst offenders were just stomping all over everybody and the moderator wasn't trying to get it under control. I'd seen posts by those two in the past and I finally had enough. I went wading in firing back at them without any concern (after all it is just an Internet forum) and telling them what I thought of them.

So I was banned.

Oh well. It might have been immature, but it still felt good to tell those two schmucks what I really thought about them.