imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 11-17-2012, 03:34 PM

A Police Riot Magnum 870 with the five shot tube and wood furniture is on my short list of guns to own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20
Wow an old slab slide, way cool. You should post a pic of it if you're allowed to. If you're 870 has wood furniture, that would be the icing on the cake. I have a 653 clone (fixed carry handle, 16" lw barrel) I prefer the way it handles and shoots over my M4gery with all the tac stuff. Simple is better sometimes.
If I had to do it all over again, if I went back to the A-Stan I would arragne to have myself issued an M-16A4 and not put anything on it.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:08 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
A Police Riot Magnum 870 with the five shot tube and wood furniture is on my short list of guns to own.
Mine, it was a 5-shot. Since my other 870 has an extended tube also I've pondered about going back to a 5-shot.

Quote:
If I had to do it all over again, if I went back to the A-Stan I would arragne to have myself issued an M-16A4 and not put anything on it.
I just built a 20" A4. But not even thinking about it, the upper receiver I bought has M4 cuts and my barrel doesn't. The M4 cuts are pretty shallow, I've hand cycled it and it feeds good and no weird marks on the brass. But I'd rather not take the chance. So I may break it back down.

Bottom left. http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/lof...p?t109136.html
Old 11-17-2012, 04:21 PM

Neat! My sole desire for the five shot tube is aesthic reasons. I just think it looks nice with the barrel going longer than the tube.

And hell, if the Russians or North Korea ever do paradrop in, I will be using my Mossberg 590 with the eight shot tube anyway.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:23 PM

And Cordell, don't call your self a dinosaur, because I'm halfway there.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:22 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
And Cordell, don't call your self a dinosaur, because I'm halfway there.
Okay. LOL. Our Remingtons all have plastic furniture on them now. I actually prefer the wood furniture that we used to have on them.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:34 PM

I agree. I like wood furnitured riot guns.

Remington 870s and Ithaca 37s being my favorites.

At a gun shop in Athens, there was a police trade in Ithaca 37 with dark beech on the pump and what looked to be walnut on the stock, an obvious replacement. To me that gives the gun a certain character that my Mossberg 590 Mariner will never have.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:46 PM

What Nyles said. Your basic infantryman does not get a sidearm. The Platoon leader, first sergeant, company commander, and M240 gunners are typically the only ones who are issued sidearms.
Most people who carry sidearms are noncombat personnel.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:02 AM

Add grenadiers to that list as well.

And plus, had we been in Gulf War I, I would have carried a pistol in lieu of my M-4 because I would have been fighting in my "other" job as a Bradley gunner.