imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 07:41 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I do understand where you're coming from...in California, liberal insanity isn't just creating ridiculous new gun laws, it's hurting the armorers' businesses. But I do think you should keep in mind that being a liberal and being anti-gun are, contrary to popular belief, two different things.

Also, has anyone ever seen Democratic Underground? I'm not a member there (or a regular reader), but on another forum I visit, somebody pointed out that if you ever do read DU, you'll actually see quite a few members who talk about what guns they own. In fact, there have been some pretty vicious debates on that site between the gun-owning Democrats and the anti-gun Democrats.
Oh, I know the difference. But we are in the wonderful fairyland of CALIFORNIA! But I know a lot of armorers and their immediate reaction would be pretty negative, being that I have not run into one yet who was a liberal. It's a combination of anti gun and generally disagreeing with them on most other issues.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:08 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Oh, I know the difference. But we are in the wonderful fairyland of CALIFORNIA! But I know a lot of armorers and their immediate reaction would be pretty negative, being that I have not run into one yet who was a liberal. It's a combination of anti gun and generally disagreeing with them on most other issues.
All I'm saying is, if there's a schism between anti-gun Democrats and those with no interest in gun control, it's in your interest to encourage it. It's always useful to recognize potential allies.

Isn't that something that comes with the territory in your line of work? I mean, let's face it...you're a conservative pro-gunner working in an industry that is pretty much dominated by anti-gunners, limousine liberals, and guilt-complex Greens (my least favorite type of liberal, BTW). Surely, you've built up some tolerance for their bullshit by now?
Old 02-06-2010, 08:48 PM

Man, I have to deal with those "soccer mom" types who think anything that can hurt their precious baby is Satanic. Every time my brother brings home a new friend, their mom will see the Winchester 88 hanging on my wall when they come to pick the kid up and start bitching at me

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 02-06-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Man, I have to deal with those "soccer mom" types who think anything that can hurt their precious baby is Satanic. Every time my brother brings home a new friend, their mom will see the Winchester 88 hanging on my wall when they come to pick the kid up and start bitching at me
Yeah, I know those types. They think that just because they spouted out a kid, they have the right to determine what's right and wrong, what's moral and immoral, and what you should and shouldn't do. They call it "moral concession", which translates out to (at least in my view) "you should do what I say is right".

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 02-06-2010, 10:35 PM

And then they talk about how they are environmentalists, all while driving gas guzzlers (rarely with anybody riding with them). I pity them because by sheltering their "precious baby" they ensure that they turn out to either be the kid who goes to prison by their early 20's or the kid that never moves out of his parent's basement

Old 02-06-2010, 10:36 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Surely, you've built up some tolerance for their bullshit by now?
Think of the armorers as Jewish laborers in Auschwitz who are disciplined enough NOT to mouth off to the guards....... That's the tolerance you speak of It's a tolerance of necessity. That forced tolerance goes out the window when one's job is NOT on the line.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Think of the armorers as Jewish laborers in Auschwitz who are disciplined enough NOT to mouth off to the guards....... That's the tolerance you speak of It's a tolerance of necessity. That forced tolerance goes out the window when one's job is NOT on the line.
MoviePropMaster2008, you are an invaluable part of this site, but I found that incredibly offensive, my being the grandson of a holocaust survivor. The two do not even compare in the least.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:11 AM

That's what I was thinking too

Old 02-07-2010, 02:23 AM

MPM2008, I think you owe Alcatrazz an apology.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:42 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I was gonna stay out of this, but...come on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcatrazz View Post
The two do not even compare in the least.
It's a metaphor. You do know what a metaphor is, right? Of course MPM knows that they're not comparable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
MPM2008, I think you owe Alcatrazz an apology.
Maybe it's a little insensitive, but if he had said, "Soviet laborers in the Gulag", would you have said anything? Or would that be disrespectful to the millions of people who died in the Gulags*? And would you have demanded an apology on their behalf?

*My grandfather was born in Ukraine and lost most of his immediate family to the Soviet famines of the 1920s.
Closed Thread