imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 05-19-2010, 03:46 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur
Default Call of Duty: Black Ops

Any thoughts? The newest trailer just came out.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-19-2010, 04:04 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Saw the trailer on HD TV at a bar last night. It looked exciting, but I don't play games anymore. That being said, what's up with that weird-ass AR carbine?
Old 05-19-2010, 07:17 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I KNOW. I was expecting at WORSE an M733 or the sporter like in Platoon because those were shown in movies, but...the hell is this thing? It LOOKS kinda like a flat top 733 with a weird flash hider that is half way like the one a 177 would have. No brass deflector, no forward assist. A scene had it with a weird handguard. I got this all screen cap.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 05-19-2010, 07:30 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I KNOW. I was expecting at WORSE an M733 or the sporter like in Platoon because those were shown in movies, but...the hell is this thing? It LOOKS kinda like a flat top 733 with a weird flash hider that is half way like the one a 177 would have. No brass deflector, no forward assist. A scene had it with a weird handguard. I got this all screen cap.
The flattop equivalent of the M733 is the M933 (which I believe Colt used to call the "M4 Commando"). The flash hider appears to be Vortex-style. Neither flattop receivers nor Vortex flash hiders were around in Vietnam.

Whatever. Game developers aren't always gun experts. Or, their education in guns comes entirely from the Internet or what they've seen in other games and movies. I should know; I used to collaborate on mods with those kinds of people.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:07 PM

Please tell me that this game isn't set during the Vietnam War. COD: Vietnam is supposed to be like COD 2 (serious mood, no fucktardedness like MW2)

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 05-19-2010, 09:12 PM

Nevermind, I looked at the page- there is no way in hell it's set during 'Nam

Old 05-19-2010, 09:36 PM
IMFDB Admin

I heard it takes place throughout the Cold War, so we'd be in Nam, Cuba, Russia and a special mission to play SAS in the Iranian embassy siege.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I heard it takes place throughout the Cold War, so we'd be in Nam, Cuba, Russia and a special mission to play SAS in the Iranian embassy siege.
If it's anything like MW2, I will personally go to the infinity ward headquarters and headbutt someone so hard that it knocks them unconscious

Old 05-19-2010, 10:42 PM

isnt this one treyarch?
Old 05-20-2010, 12:31 AM
IMFDB Admin

Yes it so, so let's hope Treyarch does a better job with this project unlike World at War, where they just straight up "borrowed" the COD4 engine and used it to make cool "fire effects". I wonder how much money are they going to waste on famous actors to voice like WaW had Gary Oldman and Kiefer Sutherland