imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 01-20-2017, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
I have a love hate relationship with Pro-Mag. Cheap products but sometimes horrendously made cheap products.

I wouldn't carry one on a duty weapon or for my conceal carry piece, but I have some for range trips.
First AR-15 I bought when I was 19 and I bought a Bushmaster XM-15, I wanted to buy some 20 rounders before the ban came into effect in Maryland bringing it back to 10 rounds. I picked up 2 20 round promags (polymer waffle style) and kept one of them loaded. By the end of the year the lips had cracked and it became a 19 rounder!

Last edited by AdAstra2009; 01-21-2017 at 12:00 AM. Reason: magazine type specified
Old 01-29-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
yup, got one of those puppies too. Actually use it as my bedside gun.
Nice! Beautifully well met there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
The only downsides to a 4506 are that it's heavy (it's very much a belt dragger), and the mags are no longer made and are like $50. Surprisingly, holsters (even left-handed) and grips are super easy to find. I have my 4506-1 not a foot from me as I type this, unholstered on the floor as I am away from home (usual bedside is an FNX with mounted light).
Yeah I know they have some heft, though for that kind of piece I don't mind that so much. And I know I'm not the only one. I'm sad they don't still make them, I agree with what FCM said on the site in a talk page - I too think there there is still something of a market for all-metal autos like them.

I've definitely heard mixed things about Pro-Mag, and I know actual factory mags are growing ever tougher and more expensive to get. Eh, I could probably deal - Keep in mind this would be very mainly a 'fun' piece anyway.

Nice ones there, JCordell, BTW. I really like the 86/66 'size' perhaps a tad more than the full-size, but either/or. Or both, of course.

How about the Kimber? I've shot some of them myself and liked them, though I've always heard mixed takes on them as well.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanTheMan View Post
How about the Kimber? I've shot some of them myself and liked them, though I've always heard mixed takes on them as well.
The only Kimber I've shot that wasn't 50 pounds of shit in a 25 pound sack was the Warrior

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 01-31-2017, 09:40 PM

Gun is dead accurate though I've had alot of failures to feed with hollowpoints through it. I only have 100 rounds through it and the manual says to fire 500 rounds of 220gr through it for break in. Very tight gun and well made.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Gun is dead accurate though I've had alot of failures to feed with hollowpoints through it. I only have 100 rounds through it and the manual says to fire 500 rounds of 220gr through it for break in. Very tight gun and well made.
I hope they got the tolerances right on yours, a lot of the problems people have with Kimbers is their tolerances are sometimes tighter than they can reliably produce (designed to x spec but the manufacturer can only get to y spec). Does it seem more reinforced/sturdy/built up than a regular 1911?

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 02-05-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
My 'Uncle' Roger had similar trouble with that on his .45 TLE as well, hollowpoints would often misfeed. But FMJs, no problem at all. Hm. In this case I wondered if a different chambering had any effect there or not, as I really had little feedback about non-.45 variants.. appears not though. I will say despite that it did feel pretty solid and tight and that every field strip he did on it (which he did all the time) it looked fine, no rust or serious problem spots that I recall. But many times I've heard and seen the kind of stuff like what S&W posted above, so.. bah.

Last edited by StanTheMan; 02-05-2017 at 08:47 PM.