imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 04-23-2009, 12:25 AM

Gunmaster, any particular reason you'd carry a DA/SA in condition one? Personally, I would just do hammer down no safety. Condition one is for SAO guns.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:43 AM

He's a hardcore 1911 guy, so he likes to do things with guns that he'd do with a 1911. My advice, just carry a 1911. If you can train yourself to use the gun and disengage the safety, and you trust that safety, use the thing, though.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:21 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Gunmaster, any particular reason you'd carry a DA/SA in condition one? Personally, I would just do hammer down no safety. Condition one is for SAO guns.
Well, some people do prefer SA trigger pull even if they have a DA/SA gun. Just having the option of carrying either Condition One or hammer down is nice.

As far as Taurus' customer service, I thought they were known for good customer service because of the Lifetime Warranty? I never bothered to take advantage of it when I still had my PT92, but that's the impression I've had. I do know that they seem very responsive to customer feedback on their forum.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:30 AM

Taurus is lifetime, even if you are not original owner, so used tauruses are generally a good buy. As for condition one, i basically need a single action trigegr, but i can deal with one round of da if it makes it quicker to draw and fire.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:46 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
I wish the PT92 had stepping on the trigger guard curve though, sometimes I find myself resting my finger their. I don't know were that type of grip stands today, I only see people like Bruce Willis hold the guns like that now.
The people who use that style grip and mostly those who have really big hands. Then it makes sense because the pistol's handle might not fit your hand so well when you're trying to cram all four fingers around it.

I don't have big hands, and the Taurus PT92 is a big gun anyway, so I never used to shoot mine that way. I have tried that style grip with sub-compact Glocks and other pistols of similar size, and can see the advantages it has.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:58 AM
IMFDB Admin

I have average sized hands, so I usually rest my left pointer finger under the trigger guard, but I once held a Walther P22, and I've never had that grip feel so natural before.

And for k9870, I prefer single action trigger pulls because I'm better used to the single action trigger pull, while some double actions catch me by surprise and fire earlier than expected, some later. I think I'll just continue to use a 1911 as a sidearm and keep a PT92 at home for fun. I really want the P-14/Colt, but I really want to dish out the cash for Crimson Trace laser grips. Do they make those for Para-Ordnance guns?
Old 04-23-2009, 04:51 PM

I could have sworn I saw some CTC grips for a P14 but don't quote me on that.

My buddy James put it a good way.

"In a heated situation, you're not gonna hit shit anyway, the first shot is just the one that's gonna make 'em duck."

So, double or single, the chances of you hitting someone with your first round are slim, unless you are Front Sight trained or something radical like that. Once they hear a bang though, they're either pissing themself and trying to get to their gun (which is probably illegal, damn criminals) or just pissing themself while trying to get out of there.

I'm not saying that you should fire in the air to make noise, that's stupid. I'm just saying hit or miss, the first round always does something. Like the starter gun in a race, only instead of a race, the starter gun is just being fired more. Might not be the most serious or correct way of looking at it, but it makes sense from a certain standpoint.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
I have average sized hands, so I usually rest my left pointer finger under the trigger guard, but I once held a Walther P22, and I've never had that grip feel so natural before.

And for k9870, I prefer single action trigger pulls because I'm better used to the single action trigger pull, while some double actions catch me by surprise and fire earlier than expected, some later. I think I'll just continue to use a 1911 as a sidearm and keep a PT92 at home for fun. I really want the P-14/Colt, but I really want to dish out the cash for Crimson Trace laser grips. Do they make those for Para-Ordnance guns?
Walthers fit hands GREAT. I've handled a P99 and have yet to really come across a gun that fit as well as that gun did. Maybe a Beretta 92FS, but even that took some time (imperceptibly short, but still...) to get a feel for. I haven't shot one yet, but I'd imagine that it's all aces in that category too...
Old 04-23-2009, 06:42 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I'm starting to really like Springfield XDs, I got my eye on a .45 duty model

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 04-23-2009, 07:06 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I'm starting to really like Springfield XDs, I got my eye on a .45 duty model
I found that model's grip to be too wide for my hand. I have trouble reaching the mag release when I hold it normally. Unless you have big hands, I'd avoid the XD45.