imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 12-09-2009, 10:24 PM

Default My Remington 870

I got the gun around the time Matt got his Mossberg 500 Mariner, but didn't have a camera until yesterday. I had a full stock on it too but I changed it to a Tac-Star Tommy Gun style Pistol Grip. I might get a picture of it with the stock on sometime later, but for now, here it is.

It looks tough as nails. Nails that shoot buckshot.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:27 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Plan to get a stock for that or you going to just fire it from the hip?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 12-10-2009, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
I got the gun around the time Matt got his Mossberg 500 Mariner, but didn't have a camera until yesterday. I had a full stock on it too but I changed it to a Tac-Star Tommy Gun style Pistol Grip. I might get a picture of it with the stock on sometime later, but for now, here it is.....
That answers the first part of the question pretty well. Whenever the hell I get a chance to fire it, I'm gonna try shooting with both the stock and the pistol grip.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:51 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Nice! It looks a lot like one that I've handled. Except I was a lot more interested in the Express Tacticool.

Also, I've since discovered that pistol grips on shotguns really do suck as much as people say. But they are fun to have.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:42 PM
IMFDB Admin

Nice! You showed me on AIM what it looked like with the stock, but it looks pretty damn cool with the pistol grip. Push forward with the hand on the pump and pull back with the hand on the grip. It cuts the muzzle flip down. And rest your elbow on your chest with your elbow bent. Most pistol grip guns (mainly pistols... xP) are better shot with your arm straight, but try holding a shotgun with two hands and keep your right arm straight. It's not easy and very awkward to try and aim with.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:13 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Nice! You showed me on AIM what it looked like with the stock, but it looks pretty damn cool with the pistol grip. Push forward with the hand on the pump and pull back with the hand on the grip. It cuts the muzzle flip down. And rest your elbow on your chest with your elbow bent. Most pistol grip guns (mainly pistols... xP) are better shot with your arm straight, but try holding a shotgun with two hands and keep your right arm straight. It's not easy and very awkward to try and aim with.
I tried chest level. It's not too bad, but the pistol grip really digs into my thumb. After shooting most of the afternoon, I'd started developing a blister.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:14 PM
IMFDB Admin

Here's mine. I have a factory folding stock for it. Bought it before buying the gun. Couldn't bring myself to change the stocks. So I'll pick up a beater Wingmaster in the future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PRE20-870.jpg (94.3 KB, 20 views)
Old 12-20-2009, 09:35 PM

Wow, that's sweet man. The bluing and wood go well together. For some reason though, the models where the mag tube sticks out farther than the barrel bother the crap out of me. Yours looks like it has a 7+1 shot tube though and I don't think they make a perfectly portioned barrel to flush it out. All the same it's a gorgeous old school looking shotgun.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:15 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yournamehere View Post
Wow, that's sweet man. The bluing and wood go well together. For some reason though, the models where the mag tube sticks out farther than the barrel bother the crap out of me. Yours looks like it has a 7+1 shot tube though and I don't think they make a perfectly portioned barrel to flush it out. All the same it's a gorgeous old school looking shotgun.
Thanks, yours looks great too. Mine has the 20" barrel with a 3 shot extension. They make a 18.5" barrel versus the 18" so the 2 shot extension doesn't stick past the barrel. But no such luck with them making a 20.5" barrel, so have to deal with it sticking out. It bothered me at first, but 3 more shots is 3 more shots. Mine originally didn't come with the extension. Took a while to find a factory blued 3-shot.

Also I took pics of the rest my long guns.
http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title..._Personal_Guns

The only guns missing from the page is my Beretta 92FS Inox and Colt Challenger, forgot to take a pic of them.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:54 PM

Wow you have a neat collection there. I didn't know the MKI Desert Eagle was yours.

My buddy is looking for a .308 Battle Rifle much like your L1A1. He even wants optics on it too. What make is the rifle/optics? How much have you shot it? Are you satisfied with it?