imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 10-15-2009, 02:13 PM

Default Two things that piss me off:

1. Hi-point owners that make there pistols seem like a SIG/HK/uber reliable combat gun.

2. People who think there badass because they drive civics.

On other forms you see people buying Hi-Points. Some buy it to hold over until they have more money. Problem is, I see people whos main HD gun is a hi point (pistol) and hear comments like "its ugly but accurate and reliable i'll put it against any gun on the market." Yeah, right, the SEALs and force recon will issue tactical hi-points due to their superior reliability and accuracy.....

Also, I almost got hit buy one of these recently, The peop;e who put a spoiler and a 10 inch muffler on the back of a civic to make it sound loud as hell, then rip through the parking lot at 40 mph. I hear conversations where people are saying civics are race cars. If a civic is a race car, my accord is an urban assault vehicle, so they should shut up and learn how to drive.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:59 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Hi point for the money is an ok gun, but if you can afford better, get something better

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-16-2009, 07:32 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

The quality of Hi-Point's guns may be questionable, but you have to give them credit: They are extremely good at customer service and listening to customer feedback. I understand why many of their customers revere them so much.

As for Civics, my very first car was a 1997 Civic DX, when I was 17. I spent most of the summer working to pay for it. I didn't think I was badass because I drove it, though, and I certainly didn't deck it out with all kinds of flashy shit I didn't need.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:24 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Honda Civics are very good cars. They come with a lot of options and parts you can switch around. You can customize them anyway you can because the parts can be found cheap anywhere

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 10-17-2009, 04:25 AM

Im not bashing Honda, I drive an accord. I just hate the people who put on huge mufflers (that kill gas milage and horsepower) and crank around like there a stree tracer.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:44 AM
IMFDB Admin

I do agree that the mufflers don't do anything to help the car itself. I'd drive a Toyota Corolla, 2005. I've don't some internal customization on it. It looks just like an ordinary unmodified car for the average joe, but it's got good breaks and tires, better steering, I had changed out the battery from what it came with, added my own wipers, and more lights since I go on deliveries in dark places sometimes. The engine's good and hasn't failed me since.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:03 AM

Those are legit upgrades, with a purpose. Noide increasing mufflers, racing stripes an spoilers....

As to Hi points, ive seen forums where people try to say there hi point is as good as a SIG or Colt....
Old 10-29-2009, 04:55 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
On other forms you see people buying Hi-Points. Some buy it to hold over until they have more money. Problem is, I see people whos main HD gun is a hi point (pistol) and hear comments like "its ugly but accurate and reliable i'll put it against any gun on the market." Yeah, right, the SEALs and force recon will issue tactical hi-points due to their superior reliability and accuracy.....

Also, I almost got hit buy one of these recently,
So you almost got hit by a Hi Point? I'd kick the ass of the shooter
Old 10-29-2009, 01:59 PM

Nah the civic guy. I dont see why its always a civic too, sometimes a jetta, which, again, is not a race car. I don't understand hi-points.

I was ata cabelas and saw a hi point pistol and i remarked there crap. The guy behind the counter said that it was reliable as long as you don't use hollowpoints....

One forum there was someone saying it's his carry/house/self defense gun and he'll compete against a SIG/Glock/HK with it. Questionable reliability, hit or miss accuracy, and griity, heavy trigger.....ill pass on the c9, that thing was a piece of crap.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:34 AM

Well if that High-point user wants to go head to head against a quality handgun...I know where I can get ahold of a .25 Browning just to make it a fair match. Now if I borrowed a friend's SIG it would be just plain wrong.