imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 12-20-2008, 05:28 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default Questionable Movie Entries

I am beginning to wonder about people creating pages for movies that have only ONE or TWO GUNS ... and that gun plays only a marginal role in the story.

There are hundreds of contemporary films with someone carrying a firearm, especially if a criminal or a police officer appears anywhere in the movie.

For one, it's a waste of bandwidth and it also clutters the site with pages that don't serve to educate anyone. Movies that only have a couple of flashes of 'unknown' or 'common' guns briefly in the film will probably never have anyone wondering "Gee, I wonder what that gun was stuck in that man's pants a hundred yards away for one second ...."

What we're experiencing is fans of a particular movie creating a page for that film despite it's questionable relevance to a "Guns in Movies" site.

Thoughts of input anyone?

That is the
Old 12-20-2008, 06:15 AM
IMFDB Admin

Does that mean my Family Man page is questionable? Because it only has one gun.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:58 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

If that's the case, I'll just get rid of my Forbidden Kingdom page since that had only one gun. I'm not really a fan of that movie, it was amusing, but I just thought because there's a gun in it, and it was fired once, it was worth a mention, but if it is a waste of bandwidth, then I'll delete it

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 12-20-2008, 07:55 AM
IMFDB Admin

If you can clearly see the gun and it serves a purpose in the scene, I think it is somewhat worthy of being on the site, 1 gun or not.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:27 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
If you can clearly see the gun and it serves a purpose in the scene, I think it is somewhat worthy of being on the site, 1 gun or not.
If the gun has a role in the story, it has merit. I was talking about really incidental stuff. Minor stuff that seems a waste of time.

As far as the Family Man, Don Cheadle wields the Model 38 alot during the convenience store scene. though I believe there are TONS more worthy movies to be listed before Family Man, I don't believe that it deserves to be deleted. But shows like Stargate SG1 or the Unit or movies like WANTED or HEAT ... now those are shows that people will be seriously curious about the guns.

the ultimate question is: "Would anyone wonder what the gun was and come here to this site to find out?"

Anyway, both of you have put in tons of fine work on massive gun heavy pages. I hope we can complete a lot of the 'incomplete' pages before we get swamped with new ones.

I was just curious what others thought. I haven't heard from Bunni or Alienqueen for a LONG time. Are they still around?

Old 12-20-2008, 07:28 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Well the Unit's recent season is over and I don't know if they'll renew it for another one, so that's pretty much complete, save for a handgun or two I might have missed. Stargate Atlantis never popped up a lot of new guns and since it's running down its last episodes, I doubt it'll show up with new guns anyway.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 12-20-2008, 08:15 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Well the Unit's recent season is over and I don't know if they'll renew it for another one, so that's pretty much complete, save for a handgun or two I might have missed. Stargate Atlantis never popped up a lot of new guns and since it's running down its last episodes, I doubt it'll show up with new guns anyway.
I hope to be on the set of the Stargate Atlantis movies so I'll poke around and see what those Canadian Armorers come up with that's this January (hope it doesn't snow in Vancouver any more ....)