imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 11-25-2009, 01:36 PM

Default Favorite Band/Musical Preference

I prefer The Police, Elton John, Queen (possibly my favorite Queen song is "Don't Stop Me Now"), The Black Eyed Peas, Iggy Pop (my song of his is "Lust For Life"), Steppenwolf, Dexy's Midnight Runners (a british pop band from the 80's; one of thier songs is "Come On Eileen") and Guns 'N' Roses. My favorite genres include Rock, Jazz, Classic (mostly Beetohven and Mozart), and Pop.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:34 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Markost Send a message via Yahoo to Markost Send a message via Skype™ to Markost

Industrial metal + alternative and a little of nü and heavy:
Soad, SoB, Serj Tankian, Rammstein, Turmion Kätilöt, Hanzel und Gretyl, Megaherz, Tren Loco, Fear Factory, and Deep Purple.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:45 PM

Nickelback, Evanesence, 3 Doors Down, and Linkin Park mainly, with a smattering of various others.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 11-25-2009, 04:59 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I listen to anything that sounds good to my ears and depending on my mood. I can't stand screamo rock, boy bands, or lyrics that is too emo.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 11-25-2009, 05:06 PM

Almost all 1950s to 1970s classic rock. I also like Hard rock in the 1980s style. I also like classical music, Blues, Soul and especially Jazz. I like classic Rap as well. I dislike Metal. Except if it's Iron Maiden. The kind of music I hate is basically this:

Quote:
Nickelback, Evanesence, 3 Doors Down, and Linkin Park mainly, with a smattering of various others.
Hehehe....

I also hate Tecno and any kind of Nightclub music. I also really like Richard Cheese.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:19 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I've been through a whole bunch of phases with different genres, so I like a little bit of everything:

Emerson Lake & Palmer
Van Halen
Tool
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
Sublime
Dropkick Murphys
Ratatat
KMFDM
O.A.R.
Mogwai
Something Corporate
Dispatch
Prodigy

...to name but a few.

More recently, I've actually been listening to Aaron Copland and Elliot Carter, as I've discovered how useful American classical is for studying.

Last edited by MT2008; 11-30-2009 at 02:24 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:26 PM
IMFDB Admin

Mostly 90s rock (what I grew up on) Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Pumpkins. The harder stuff too Deftones, Korn, American Head Charge, Snot.

Also since my Dads taste are 60s and 70s Bad Company, Led Zepp, Skynyrd. I can also listen to the 80s hair bands sometimes. Some softer 80s stuff The Cult, Madonna (because of my mom) and also since he's dead it's okay to listen to Michael Jackson again.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:49 PM

The Killers, Three Doors Down, Creed, In Flames, T.I., Eric B & Rakim, Beethoven, Schubert, and Mudvayne.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:29 PM

I'm not too big on music, but I primarily listen to hip-hop. Some of it's underground and you probably haven't heard of it, and some of it is more popular, but still better than what's on the radio now. I feel that hip-hop is more versatile than regular rock and I can listen to it when I'm feeling pumped or easygoing. They really like to talk about guns too, heheh.

I grew up on 80-90s rock too as my mom grew up in Seattle and that's all she listened to, as well as some mixed in 60s-70s stuff. I don't have any of the actual music but I've heard it.

I also listen to the Mountain Goats after a friend of mine turned me onto them. They are considered folk or folk rock or folk something, but the dude sings in falsetto and it sounds cool. The reason he gets thrown into the crazy mix I call my music taste is because, his music is diverse and pretty misleading. I've heard a lot of happy sounding songs where he talks about leaving his wife or rabbits getting eaten alive by hawks. It's fun to listen to no matter what mood I'm in.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:47 AM

Nothing but Norwegian black metal and show tunes.