imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 06-11-2014, 10:32 AM

Question Colt Canada finally changes its tune?

After a long time seeing the M16 page on the wiki say that Colt Canada AKA Diemaco doesn't sell its products to civilians, armourers or otherwise, there are signs that Colt Canada might be finally making an about-face on this.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/nation...anadian-public

Does this mean that we'll finally start seeing C7 and C8 rifles in films/television involving the Canadian Forces soon? Or will they still be at such low levels of demand that they'll just continue to use stand-in firearms/non-firing replicas instead for the foreseeable future?
Old 06-13-2014, 04:23 AM

Heard about this on TFB.

Authenticity is always nice, but I really don't think there will necessarily be enough difference between the lookalikes and the real thing to justify the cost of the new rifles and carbines.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 06-13-2014, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Heard about this on TFB.

Authenticity is always nice, but I really don't think there will necessarily be enough difference between the lookalikes and the real thing to justify the cost of the new rifles and carbines.
The article doesn't mention what prompted the change, which is probably the most important detail. Still, the lookalikes have to be mocked up anyway, right? And airsoft replicas obviously can't fire blanks, so the real thing might be simpler to use. I predict that the real C7s and C8s will eventually filter through the armourers' arsenals, though this is likely to be a very slow process given how little presence the Canadian Forces have in TV/Movies.

I hope someone takes the time to change the bit on the M16 page on the wiki that says "Colt Canada refuses to sell to civilian armourers." Assuming they don't change their minds, they should be doing so now.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Still, the lookalikes have to be mocked up anyway, right?
Which is still cheaper to do than buy whole new rifles. Besides, we don't yet know whether or not their civilian rifles will be manufactured with all the same features as the current C7A2 and C8A3. Chances are they'll probably offer replica rifles at a higher premium (like Colt with their LE6920 "SOCOM M4" almost-replica), but we should wait and see.

Quote:
I hope someone takes the time to change the bit on the M16 page on the wiki that says "Colt Canada refuses to sell to civilian armourers." Assuming they don't change their minds, they should be doing so now.
We should probably wait until their civilian sales actually begin, IMO.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman