imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 11-08-2009, 09:14 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Astra's only removing images from pages he worked on.

Also, I think we can at least "grandfather" the existing pages that we might perceive as having too many caps. Just avoid it in the future, that's all.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:18 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Well, you said "Brian and Gunman". Some people may not know who Brian is.

If Astra is removing screencaps from other peoples pages he should at least contact the members who did the work and let them decide what stays and goes. It may discourage them from contributing anymore work, if he does it without them knowing.
It's happened to me. Others have removed MY screencaps without my knowledge or consent (and you all know that I don't overdo it with screencaps and I've been ranting against that for years). But ultimately it was no big deal. I only respond to obvious vandalism, and/or clearly wrong information.

I support fixing pages, but then that's my own opinion. With some of the membership who listen to input, then it's polite to ask them to pick which ones to remove. The problem is that some don't want to edit ... ever. So it can be problematic depending on who the person is.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:59 PM

Like MT2008 said I'm only removing screencaps from pages I worked on/screencaps I uploaded myself.

In my previous work I've uploaded too many screencaps that I now realize was redundant;so now I'm thinning the excessive screencaps.If I wanted to remove screencaps of someone else's(unless it was an obvious duplicate screencap) I'll discuss it here. Or on the discussion page.

Last edited by AdAstra2009; 11-08-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:06 PM

Oh. Sorry. I didn't know you were removing images from your pages. Didn't Gunmaster do the Minority Report page, though?
Old 11-09-2009, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Oliveira View Post
Didn't Gunmaster do the Minority Report page, though?
Nope
-he identified the revolver for me though, thats it.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:11 AM

People need to, in general, lose the idea that what they contribute to this site belongs to them. (Except for MPM2008's photos.) This is a wiki, not a dick-comparison website. Need I remind you what is shown every time anyone edits anything?

Quote:
Please note that all contributions to [imfdb] may be edited, altered, or removed by other contributors. If you do not want your writing to be edited mercilessly, then do not submit it here.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Site Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I want to know if we should put a limit on how many screen shots of one weapon can we put on a page? I usually limit to 4-5 shots at different angles and usually in the hands of different actors including if we see a different setup of the weapon.

Because some pages I see unnecessarily that people love to post 10 images of the same weapon at different angles. This I think wastes space when half of those images already proves the point.
I'd say a limit per weapon/per character is appropriate... 2? 3?

eg. If four different characters fire an 870 you would include at most 2 of each character.

Thoughts?
Old 11-09-2009, 03:26 PM

I don't like the character limit.

7 to 10 screencapps is good enough for any movie.

We are talking about screencaps in movies and television only, right? Because screencaps in video game pages is an entirely different story.