imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 01-21-2012, 07:27 PM
IMFDB Chief of Operations

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
I still just don't see the purpose or utility. And recently, as we've seen, it starts to look redundant when you're dealing with manufacturers such as Glock (the Glock manufacturer page serves almost no purpose that isn't already fulfilled by the existing Glock page on IMFDB).
I think what's hard (and please know I say this with ALL due respect), you and many of the other senior members here know SO much more about guns than man of the junior members here. I know at least a few of the admins work in Hollywood with guns everyday. For us n00bs, it is much harder to figure out what a gun is. If we have a well organized page we can go to that helps us figure it out then we feel a little bit smarter, the website gets another good entry and experts don't have to come along and correct where one of us has put a Beretta 92 that is actually a Taurus PT92. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:20 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Well, Bunni sees it, since there's now a manufacturer section in the wiki sidebar, so I think that particular debate boat has sailed.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:47 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Just a note for these; where there are multiple manufacturers for something (eg Browning M2, M134) we should probably have a field for saying so on the page to avoid confusion.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:11 PM
IMFDB Chief of Operations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
Just a note for these; where there are multiple manufacturers for something (eg Browning M2, M134) we should probably have a field for saying so on the page to avoid confusion.
Totally agreed. Another good example would be the Desert Eagle.