imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 04-09-2009, 02:53 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I really don't understand the p238 though, SAO on a pocket gun?
Like I said in that other topic...SIG's R&D guys really are getting too impulsive. One thing that's unfortunate is that SIG hasn't really come up with a good all-new design in a long time now. By which I mean, something other than a new variation of one of the P220-series and SIG Pro series. The P250, for instance, is looking like it'll be a bust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
What does th ecombat due different, are the grips a different texture? I love the elite's grip feel btw, they're just a litte pricy, ya know?
I just like its look better. I also don't like beaver tails.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Like I said in that other topic...SIG's R&D guys really are getting too impulsive. One thing that's unfortunate is that SIG hasn't really come up with a good all-new design in a long time now. By which I mean, something other than a new variation of one of the P220-series and SIG Pro series. The P250, for instance, is looking like it'll be a bust.
The P250's problem is that it's a "specialty" gun. Remember the Heckler & Koch HK4 (I think that was the name - correct me if I'm wrong)? That gun, also designed to swap between different calibers (though not different slides and frames), was made mainly for people who found themselves in areas where ammo in one type was readily available when another wasn't - read, spies and clandestine personnel. The people SIG is marketing the P250 to aren't ever going to need to effectively rebuild their gun to fit a new situation...the chances are they're just going to go get another gun for said situation, IF they don't already own it.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:08 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
The P250's problem is that it's a "specialty" gun. Remember the Heckler & Koch HK4 (I think that was the name - correct me if I'm wrong)? That gun, also designed to swap between different calibers (though not different slides and frames), was made mainly for people who found themselves in areas where ammo in one type was readily available when another wasn't - read, spies and clandestine personnel. The people SIG is marketing the P250 to aren't ever going to need to effectively rebuild their gun to fit a new situation...the chances are they're just going to go get another gun for said situation, IF they don't already own it.
Exactly! After all, if you try to make everyone happy, you usually wind up pleasing nobody. It's one thing to do it with grip thickness, but everything else?
Old 04-09-2009, 03:02 PM

They should bring back the p-210, if it's as good as I hear. It seems a little over-hyped but if it was affordable I'd give it a look.