imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 03-23-2009, 06:45 PM
IMFDB Admin

That's a little harder but I'll give it a try.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:11 PM
IMFDB Admin

Here it is:

It's not horrible but it isn't great.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:21 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Well this one you can tell it's a Franken because of the difference in color, but it is good. We should put this on the site, but you said this very image insults MPM

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 03-25-2009, 02:49 AM
IMFDB Admin

Yeah, I didn't darken the carry handle enough.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:59 PM
TenaciousD

Default My two cents

Hi guys. I'm a new member here and have been lurking a while. I don't know much about guns and have always been interested in guns in movies for a while so this site is a great resource, great work. I don't have much to add since I don't know much and you all seem to know a lot more about guns and movies than I do.

But I had to chime in;
I'm a musician and my girlfriend is a graphic artist/photographer. Both of us have had our original works taken, modified in some way, and then re-uploaded or misrepresented as someone else's work. I also know that people who are not artists really dont understand how much this pisses off the artists who create the original work. How would you feel if someone took original works that you created, changed it and presented it as their own? you'd bee pretty pissed off. Its also wrong, especially if you know the guy.

its a little hard to piece together the history of this whole thing, but did any of you ask permission before messing with someones original photographic work? did anyone give credit before he complained about it, or did you just do it afterwards? i dont know i'm just asking . i also looked at the files and he grants license to imdfb. that means he still owns the copyright and imfdb doesn't have the right to change or alter his work. if he gave you permission to fuck with his work then ignore everything i said but judging fro what i've read none of this was done.

Sorry that something like this is my first post but i didn't have anything to write before. my girlfriend is an artist and a photographer so she had a strong opinion on this when i asked her. changing someone elses original work is a nono unless you ask permission first. famous photographers sue people all the time for doing things like that and they always win. i wouild remove all the controversial pics but thats only my opinion.

ps
one of my now ex-friends took one of my original musical compositions on my myspace page and added a technodrum beat and sped it up and re-mixed it as a dance track and then had it on his page. he didnt ask permission. we are no longer friends . i'd be careful to insult this MPM guy by accusing him of being sensitive. i'd rather see more gun photographs than the crap taken from google or wikipedia.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:45 AM
IMFDB Admin

I had always credited him and asked to make sure using the pics was okay, since I was only using an edited image as a place holder until he himself had taken the image himself.

I didn't upload anymore pics for this reason so I was just showing them here for shits and giggles. Nothing more. I wouldn't want to offend MPM in anyway, he's an excellent photographer and a good person in general. I hope he comes back, even if he doesn't take pics anymore.+
Old 03-26-2009, 08:22 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

So wait, MPM's gone just because of this? I mean, yeah this is kinda bad and personal to see his work get spliced into something else, but to up and leave over this without debate or make his point? Kinda harsh isn't it?

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 03-26-2009, 10:21 PM
IMFDB Admin

He left because he said he wasn't finding taking pictures fun anymore, because people were editing his existing images, as if they didn't need him. While in my case this is definately not true, I don't think it is that harsh, and think he deserves a brake, he's taken a lot of pictures while also working as a film armorer at the same time.

I hope he returns, I miss him.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:52 AM
IMFDB Admin

I'm just making these for fun now. I tried to build the 733s from Heat, since they have the C7-style A1 sights to A2 reciever style.

Here it is.

I messed up the charging handle but other than that it came out decent.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:22 AM
IMFDB Admin

Yeah i seriously cant tell this was photoshopped