imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 05-18-2022, 07:52 AM

Question Rules about content for a game's official modification (Battlefield Vietnam WW2 Mod)

Hello all,

Firstly, apologies for the following long text.

I wish to create a page for the weapons in the Battlefield Vietnam WW2 Mod, an official modification created by DICE and included in the re-release of the base game as Battlefield Vietnam: Redux (2005). However, before I create the page, I would like some clarification regarding the rules:
  1. Videogames must be professionally distributed titles: The WW2 Mod is available online and not sold individually, but it has been included in Battlefield Vietnam: Redux, and this re-release is available on certain major online stores. Therefore, I am uncertain if the mod itself qualifies as "professionally distributed".
  2. DVD artwork, Box Covers or Theatrical Poster requirements: As the WW2 Mod is not sold individually, there is no box cover available, only the box cover of Battlefield Vietnam: Redux which includes this mod.
I see that someone has raised a similar question regarding the official WW2 Mod on the talk page of Battlefield Vietnam back in 2018, but as of now it is still unanswered. As I am uncertain of the etiquette of replying to that message while I have the same question, or repeating the question in a new message, I have refrained from doing so, and have instead decided to ask here.

Another point I would like clarified is, if the content for the WW2 Mod is approved to be added, should it be in its own page or as part of the main Battlefield Vietnam page? The reason for this concern is, unlike the content packs for Battlefield 1942 or Battlefield 2, the Battlefield Vietnam WW2 Mod has little content overlap with the main game in terms of weapons, and most of its weapons are in fact overlapping with Battlefield 1942, in addition to the mod's unique weapons.

Thanks for taking your time to read the above long text. If the proposed content cannot be added, I will refrain from doing so.

guocuozuoduo

Last edited by Guocuozuoduo; 05-18-2022 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Clarify the title
Old 05-20-2022, 05:43 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

If it's from Dice, then I'm okay with it. I think it can go in as its own page.
Old 05-21-2022, 11:00 AM

Not an admin, but I echo what funky said.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman