imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 06-09-2011, 12:58 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I deleted the debate, but Tec-9 is also gone. You can read his post to me on my Talk Page, and my response on his.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:07 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

To be honest, having modded other sites, I've never seen "I'm not going to ban you because that's what you want" work. They tend to just do things to get banned if you say that.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:37 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
To be honest, having modded other sites, I've never seen "I'm not going to ban you because that's what you want" work. They tend to just do things to get banned if you say that.
Oh, if he wants to do something to provoke me into banning him, then I have no problem doing so. But right now, I'm not letting him play the victim he obviously wants to be in this situation.

Also, I doubt he's even going to read my response, anyway.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:46 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Oh, he will. Guys like him leave forever and then keep coming back to get the last word in. I remember I once had a guy tell me he was making his last post on the matter four times in a row, then accuse me of trying to get the last word in.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:49 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
Oh, he will. Guys like him leave forever and then keep coming back to get the last word in. I remember I once had a guy tell me he was making his last post on the matter four times in a row, then accuse me of trying to get the last word in.
Well, you were right...he did respond to me, even though I did not expect that he would. But he still wants me to ban him, and I'm still telling him no.

Last edited by MT2008; 06-09-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:00 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Well, you were right...he did respond to me, even though I did not expect that he would. But he still wants me to ban him, and I'm still telling him no.
I don't get the guy. He's talking about changing his password something he'll forget? That's easier than simply not coming?
Old 06-09-2011, 05:30 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I don't get the guy. He's talking about changing his password something he'll forget? That's easier than simply not coming?
I hate to sound biased, but Liberal trolls are attention whores who play the victim card. Conservative trolls don't play the victim card, if they're gonna be jerks they're gonna be troglodytes plain and simple. I've seen MANY LEFT WING trolls (and many right wing trolls). Perhaps that's why I despise them so much. It's not about having a different opinion. Even their trolls are more annoying. A right wing troll will be boorish, perhaps sexist or racist and definitely low brow. A LEFT WING troll tries to bully people and if they don't have an adoring audience, they cry "quit persecuting me!". Ugh. I think it's that patheticness that irritates me more than the Troglodyte type.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:32 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Anyone who REPLIES to my comment to SOMEONE ELSE (on their page) about him, won't give it up. He actually tracked down MY comments about my exchange with him when I was talking to some other members on their OWN talk pages and interjected himself into my conversation.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:34 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
I hate to sound biased, but Liberal trolls are attention whores who play the victim card. Conservative trolls don't play the victim card, if they're gonna be jerks they're gonna be troglodytes plain and simple. I've seen MANY LEFT WING trolls (and many right wing trolls). Perhaps that's why I despise them so much. It's not about having a different opinion. Even their trolls are more annoying. A right wing troll will be boorish, perhaps sexist or racist and definitely low brow. A LEFT WING troll tries to bully people and if they don't have an adoring audience, they cry "quit persecuting me!". Ugh. I think it's that patheticness that irritates me more than the Troglodyte type.
I dunno, POI was an apolitical troll, and he used to do the exact same thing - when I banned him, he accused me of having a "control complex" and couldn't admit that he had done anything wrong. He pretended that the only reason he got banned is because I didn't like him (as if I didn't have a valid reason for doing so), and that my sentiments weren't shared by almost everyone on the forum who had interacted with him.

I think that regarding themselves as "persecuted" is precisely what allows all trolls - right-wing, left-wing, or apolitical - to justify their behavior. You know..."you guys are just angry at me because you know I'm right!"
Old 06-09-2011, 08:30 PM

I get the impression that this guy's idea of "extremism" is portraying the US armed forces in any positive light.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman