imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 10-26-2021, 05:40 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

MoviePropMaster2008

Quote:
Hope this answers some questions
It does indeed. The story does seem to be gaining momentum though. Has it had any effect on you?
Old 10-26-2021, 06:52 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcordell View Post
MoviePropMaster2008

It does indeed. The story does seem to be gaining momentum though. Has it had any effect on you?
Sadly, folks are trying to grandstand on the tragedy. There are a number of politicians who want to sign CALIFORNIA legislation to ban the presence of live guns on any movie set in California, despite the fact that BOTH on set fatalities (I don't count John Erix Hexum because he was fucking around with a live 44 magnum with full load blanks during a BREAK IN FILMING and was technically off the set when he did the Darwin Award) happened in other states (New Mexico and North Carolina), however the idiots in charge want to outlaw ARMORERS in California.

Dumbest take I've seen on social media:
A woman I've been arguing with want to make it illegal for anyone to HOLD anything that looks like a gun on a movie/tv set and then have CGI artists put the guns INTO all the actor's hands after the fact in post production.......

Yep, someone actually proposed that ......
Old 10-26-2021, 10:45 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Sadly, folks are trying to grandstand on the tragedy.

Dumbest take I've seen on social media:
A woman I've been arguing with want to make it illegal for anyone to HOLD anything that looks like a gun on a movie/tv set and then have CGI artists put the guns INTO all the actor's hands after the fact in post production.......

Yep, someone actually proposed that ......
I wish I could say that I find it surprising, but I don't.
Old 10-26-2021, 03:28 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

And... there it is:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/26/enter...day/index.html

"Crew members on the set of "Rust" used guns with live ammunition and engaged in a pastime called "plinking" hours before Halyna Hutchins was killed, founder and CEO of The Wrap, Sharon Waxman, told CNN's Don Lemon Monday night, citing information from an individual with knowledge of the set."
Old 10-28-2021, 06:09 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
And... there it is:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/26/enter...day/index.html

"Crew members on the set of "Rust" used guns with live ammunition and engaged in a pastime called "plinking" hours before Halyna Hutchins was killed, founder and CEO of The Wrap, Sharon Waxman, told CNN's Don Lemon Monday night, citing information from an individual with knowledge of the set."
I'm still going to withhold judgment until the investigation is complete. There are already a lot of rumors flying around, and different people on the crew who are talking to the press are blaming different folks - some are blaming Alec Baldwin himself, some are blaming the assistant director, and others are blaming the armorer. I think one of the things you see from this story is that movie productions have office politics, just like any other workplace - and in a situation like this, people from that workplace start immediately pointing fingers at co-workers with whom they have baggage.

I can also believe that this is a situation where the correct answer is, "All of the above."
Old 11-16-2021, 02:21 AM

George Clooney, a surprising voice of reason, promoting gun safety on set instead of gun bans.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ie-1235048072/

I always took him for an ultra liberal.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 11-16-2021, 03:27 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
George Clooney, a surprising voice of reason, promoting gun safety on set instead of gun bans.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ie-1235048072/

I always took him for an ultra liberal.
He's a liberal, but he's also a professional who's been on hanging around sets for most of his life.

As an aside, I'm just really surprised that he was that close to Brandon Lee, and that Miguel Ferrer was close enough that he was going to be his best man?