imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 05-08-2009, 05:42 AM

Default Literary weapon lists

I write fiction for fun and I'd like to share the weapon lists from a few of my story arcs. While mostly firearms a couple characters (Maria Especially) are knife users as well. I'm not going to give away the whole storyline and there's allot of character development I'm leaving out but I'm sure that some of you will enjoy the weapon lists. I'm putting the weapons in order acquired and the noting when they are used.

Maria Raphael Murphy e Ortega(Daughter of a former PIRA member turned Narco-mercenary, leaving the DeSilva organization due to the extreme measures the cartel is taking):
Ruger GP-100 with a four inch barrel and loaded with 158 grain hollow points.

DeSilva house guards: Ruger Mini-14s in .222 Remington to comply with Mexican weapons laws and a Remington Model 700 sporting rifle in .220 Swift.

Dominique(Maria's friend, genius and daughter of a slain Druglord): Remote Piloted Vehicle with nose mounted FN MAG machineguns and wing mounted 70mm Rocketpods.

Maria acquisitions a SUV with the following in the trunk: a Heckler & Koch G-3KA4, a pair of AK-103s and a cut down Remington M-870 with a Choate topfolding stock and a forward pistol grip.

Maria finds a cartel associated gunman with a knocked off Ingram Model 11 machinepistol next to her SUV. The gunman was killed by someone shooting a .22 caliber weapon.

Eamon Murphy(Maria's dad and psychopath): Customized nickel plated and Ivory gripped Browning High Power. also carries a hammerless S&W 649 in an ankle holster.
Roger "Dirtbag" Griffin(a Former Navy SEAL who went over to the "darkside". Any SEAL who recognizes him will try to kill him if they can as he is a Rogue.): Colt M-4A1 carbine backed up by a SIG Sauer P-226R.
Gunman 1: Colt Law Enforcement Carbine
Gunman 2: Colt Law Enforcement Carbine
Gunman 3: Ingram Model 11 knockoff with a rail system
Gunman 4: Ingram Model 11 knockoff with a rail system
Gunman 5: Ingram Model 11 knockoff with a rail system

Johnathan Robert Bishop(Charming young man who Maria met and turns out to be very well trained and very dangerous): Rogers M-4A1.

Alejandro Villamor: SVD Dragunov
US Customs & Border Patrol: Issue weapons.

Latter Johnny's gunvault is opened up to reveal: Modernized Mosin-Nagant Carbine (synthetic stock, scope, bipod, new barrel and AK-74 Style muzzle brake), Remington Model 11-87 Police, Ruger 10-22, and a Barret M-82A3.

Maria: Cold Steel Scimitar folding knife

Samál Benjamin Zimmerman: Eamon's Browning High Power.
Kaibiles 1: Glock 17 second generation
Kaibiles 2: Type 56 assault rifle
Kaibiles 3: Type 56 assault rifle

The cops: whatever’s issued to the Los Cruces PD, the FBI and the BATFE.

Maria trades her Ingram knockoff for a subcompact Kimber M-1911 pattern handgun. She blackmails a dirty cop to supply her with a stockpile of ammo and extra magazines.

Claudia Brant: Carries a Beretta M-9 as a daily carry weapon, also uses a Cold Steel Citystick while recovering from injuries.

Naomi Watts: FBI issue Handgun

Idiot in Chevy Impala: Mexican made Heckler & Koch MP-5A2

Corrupt Cop: El Paso PD issue handgun.
Maria: Machete with an 18 inch blade.
Hitman 1: Intratec Tec-9
Hitman 2: FN P-90
Hitman 3: Heckler & Koch MP-5A3 (Mexican made)
Hitman 4: Galil SAR
Samál Benjamin Zimmerman: Galil SAR

Johnny's attacker: Taurus model 85

Fenris: Twin Beretta M-92FS converted to full auto in shoulder holsters.
Nikolai: CZ-75B
Dawei: SIG Sauer P-226R

Johnny: Maria's G-3KA4.
Maria: The cut down Remington Shotgun
Fenris: Mexican made Heckler & Koch HK-21E
Nikolai: an M-60E3
Dawei: Parker Hale M-85 Sniper rifle

White Slavery rape camp guards: a variety of handguns and some rifles. needless to say it's not enough to stop highly trained soldiers with heavy weapons.

Johnny: Uses an S&W 459 to execute the surviving rape camp guards.

Coyote: Mossberg Model 500A and an S&W 657.

Rogue Mexican Army Unit: FN MAGs as the doorguns on their helicopter. Mexican made G-3A3 battle rifles and FX-05 assault rifles.

Johnny: Barret M82A3 and the H&K G-3KA4.
Maria: AK-103 and a pair of M-67 fragmentation grenades.

Don DeSilva: Franchi SPAS-12 (Recoil Buffer is kaput and the receiver blows in half at the first shot).

Alejandro Villamor: Mexican made Heckler & Koch MP-5A2 converted to SD form.
Hit Team 1: H&K HK-33K
Hit Team 2: H&K HK-53
Hit Team 3: H&K MP-5A3
Hit Team 4: H&K MP-5A3
Hit Team 5: H&K HK-33K
Hit Team 6: Milcor MGL
Hit Team 7: H&K MP-5A3
Hit Team 8: H&K HK-53
Hit Team 9: H&K HK-53

Maria: Johnny's Remington 11-87

Scumbag: Ruger P-95 and a .38 Derringer

Juan DeSilva: Taurus Raging Bull and has an 11.5" barreled M-16 knockoff with a Beta C-mag in the vehicle.
**End of First Story arc**

Maria: Glock 19, an AR-15 Pistol in 9mm and a Steyr AUG.

Eamon: a new Browning High Power.

Maria's half Brother: given the Steyr AUG.

Alejandro Villamor: SVD Dragunov

Johnny: Remington M-700P in .308, cut down over/Under Shotgun.

Hitman 1: Suppressed Ruger MKIII
Hitman 2: SIG Sauer P-220R

Fenris: Suppressed AKMSU borrowed from her boyfriend.
**End of Story arc**

I hope you all find the list interesting.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:37 AM

Wow, that's a lot of guns.
The only problem with gun-heavy literature is that few people enjoy it, and fewer understand it.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:32 PM

While yes the stories are rather weapon heavy, but I'm leaving alot of character development and plot out. The basic ideas behind the stories are a combination of adventure story, crime drama, love story, hero's journey, and sociopolitical comentary.

I started writing several years back after reading David Alexander's Phoenix series and decided that if something so bad could get published I could do better. So I took a couple of my Cyberpunk 2020 characters and started writing. I'll admit that my writing's not the best but some of my friends find it interesting and enjoyable so that's enough.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:35 AM

Id load the ruger with 125 gr, and kimber subcompacts are known to jam. Also, i doubt the cartels care if there guns are legal, they do deal drugs, after all.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:20 PM

I tend to make up weapon names, as most of my stories are set in alternate worlds or future settings, and I make tons of references with the names of the guns and bullets. For instance, the one I'm working on now, the story for my pipe dream video game, I've made up the following:

The K68 self-loading pistol, chambered in .40 Charlton
The Calypso 1931 Battle Rifle, firing the 6.35mm Rio
Charles and Boyle assault rifle
Marian 12 gauge shotgun
QED .22 pistol

See if you can recognize the references.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:24 PM

All i got was your carcano, what else?
Old 05-10-2009, 04:59 PM

Charles and Boyle are scientists who invented several gas laws, the QED is a reference to the popular saying Quod Erat Demonstrandum, Marian 12 Gauge is a reference to the Marian reforms of the Roman army, and .40 Charlton is a reference to Charlton comics.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:12 PM

Calypso being a reference to Calico maybe?
No wait, I'm totally wrong.
Besides don't use that reference, it was already done by 007: Agent Under Fire, the Calico SMG is called the Calypso.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:01 PM

I must of had that in mind while I drew it up. What should I change it to? Here is my official description of the Calypso.
"The Calypso 1931 battle rifle was stolen en masse by the rebels from a rich industrialist's private army after the whole estate died from fallout from a government nuclear test. It is chambered in 6.35mm Rialto full-power round."
Old 05-11-2009, 08:51 PM

K9870,
The reason as to why Don Tomasa DeSilva's house guards are all carrying legal firearms is the fact that he wishes to appear to be a legitimate buisinessman involved in banking(AKA: Money Laundering) and several other legitamate buisinesses. that's not to say he doesn't have illegal weapons but by keeping them hidden he keeps his brides down.

As far as the kimber goes at this point in the various storylines I have for the characters neither Johnny nor Maria are total badasses with the best equipment money can buy. while they are occationally given some really nice stuff from people. In a way it's the hero's journey part of the story.