imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 01-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Banned

codpiece minigun
Old 01-03-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuciano View Post
Steyr AUG as my rifle, HK45 as my sidarm and a set of these OWB in back...never use them, just have 'em there to remind myself and those that help me take my coat what an insane badass I am:

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Image:FO-Gold1911s-1.jpg

Unless your playing a mercenary it's not like your going to have the same full weaponry load-out throughout the film.

All I'd need is a Glock 26 that I'd happen to be packing one day and any weapon my unfortunate henchmen victims drop.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:22 PM

Glock 23, nuff said.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:22 PM

I forgot my long guns.

1. Ruger SR556, converted to full auto, with vltor stock, Piece of pac-skin over stock since that vltor likes to grab facial hair, A foregrip, streamlight weaponlight, dual pmags clamped together, and a eotec sight. Single point sling. Tangodown battle grip.

2. Remington 870 folding stock with 18 inch barrel, 6 shot mag tube, and side saddle. Have it on my back as a backup/breaching gun but when i use it I actually unfold the stock, unlike most action movies.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 01-03-2011, 08:24 PM

Bad guys will all carry guns I hate. Gang bangers with hi point C9s, lorcins, ravens, jennings, bryco, etc. And the well armed bad guys will have glunks or berettas.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 01-03-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Bad guys will all carry guns I hate. Gang bangers with hi point C9s, lorcins, ravens, jennings, bryco, etc. And the well armed bad guys will have glunks or berettas.
But it is inevitable that at some point, you will lose your guns. What then? If you are using whatever you grab off of gang bangers, you won't give a shit. A customized gun with sentimental value, however, is another story

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 01-03-2011, 08:32 PM

As I said i have the CZs, like when Dirty harry lost the model 29 and went home to grab the automag

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 01-04-2011, 03:53 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I'm kinda of vague on what "action hero" means, but assuming that the role was based on a particular type of character, I would want to carry weapons appropriate for that character. If I were playing a federal agent, I'd carry a Glock or SIG as sidearm (since that's what most federal law enforcement agencies issue). If I were playing an SF soldier, I'd have an M4 or FN SCAR as my primary and a 1911 or SIG as my sidearm (since those are what most SF personnel carry).

Also, I don't like it when movies have protagonists who use weapons that are different (i.e. "superior") to those of their adversary or comrades. Directors do it because they seem to think it demonstrates that the hero is more individualistic and more badass than everyone else around him/her, but I think that difference for the sake of difference is just unnecessary and stupid. If you want an example, I think it's highly unrealistic that in "Heat", Vincent Hanna carries a custom ivory-gripped 1911 and an FNC, while everyone else in his squad carries the department-issue Berettas and either Mossbergs or M16s as long guns. And yes, I also know it's almost blasphemy to say anything negative about "Heat", and I also appreciate that Michael Mann uses his characters' choices of guns to illustrate their personalities.

Then again, maybe it's just because I relate more to everyman-type characters (the guys who are unlikely to emerge as heroes, but do so anyway). Part of my own personality, I guess.

Last edited by MT2008; 01-04-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:15 PM

Detectives have more leniency on what they can carry since most arent getting in gunfights and are more investigators, but the FNC doesnt make sense.

And even if you carry an issue gun your going to customize it to your liking (light, laser, custom grips, etc.)

And backup guns can be anything.

But the way I see it an action hero should stand out as the ultimate badass. Not sink in more. The regular guy is a hero, the ultimate badass is an action hero (liek old school action films.)

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 01-04-2011, 04:16 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

When I think of "action hero" I think of the over the top style of characters with guns that really isn't the best choice in real life or guns that are just awesome.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”