imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 03-19-2009, 11:57 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

With the subject of school shootings, it's tragic and it happens, people snap and there are people out there who are simply just stupid and insane and wont listen to reason and lost their sanity entirely. It's all about them being in the spotlight cause no one pays attention to them before.

I think we need to enlighten everyone to the dangers and real facts about life instead of covering their ears when they start hearing something that makes the uncomfortable. Most people who makes gun laws, and even those preaching world peace can be very naive to the fact that the world isn't safe, that there are people who dont obey the law, that the police cant be everywhere, that governments can be corrupted, and it is up to us to make sure we are safe, our families are safe with our own hands and actions.

I know it sounds grim that the world isn't really all about love and peace, but it's the natual way of things. We can hope for a better tomorrow, but until there is one, we keep our guards up and watch out. It's not being paranoid, it's being safe.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 03-19-2009, 05:48 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Few people realize that banning guns doesn't solve the problem. All it does is disarm the law-abiding public. Criminals will get guns, whether they're legal to own or not.

Of course, I doubt that's any kind of news flash to you guys.
I do think that there's a bit of a difference between a bunch of zit-faced teenagers versus organized criminal gangs, however.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:57 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
All of the line were renamed DC9 after the state/local bans. Here is an advertisement that Intratec put out in the early-1990s. You can see that they call the mini version the "TEC-DC9M":

Huh. In that case I guess I'm wrong.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:13 PM
IMFDB Admin

Well.... on the anniversary of the Columbine shooting, I feel I must point out some things. Being that this was like yesterday for me, though I was NOT in Colorado at the time.

Other points which are probably NOT part of the 'official history':

-The Jefferson County SWAT waited hours before going in. Even when there were already reports that the gunmen were dead. I wonder. These guys have MP5s and M4s..... what are they waiting for? Just so you don't think I'm bashing them, I had a LOT of friends who were cops and SWAT team members in California, who derisively called Jefferson County SWAT, the "SQUAT" team.

-I don't know if the official reports make a big deal out of the fact that an adult, Mark Manes sold these minors, the pistol (the punk's girlfriend who was over 18 bought the shotguns at a gunshow, which she could have, but she violated the straw man purchase law). Mark Manes was the son of two former high level BRADY HANDGUN CONTROL GROUP officials.

- One of the school teachers who died could have been saved, but the SQUAT team member who cleared the room told the kids (who were applying pressure to the bleeding wound in his leg and keeping him from bleeding to death) to 'get the fuck out!". When the students told the officer that their teacher was gravely wounded and that he needed medical attention, the officer told them to 'shut the fuck up' and led them out of the building with their hands over their heads. The teacher was left alone, bleeding for about another hour until he bled to death.

- Anyone with an NRA or pro 2nd amendment bumper sticker on their car, had the car vandalized. A 'mob mentality' was flamed by the mayor of Denver. Three guys I know personally had their trucks firebombed, purely because they had NRA sticker on them.

- The NRA (with probably the worst luck ever) had their annual convention scheduled to be in Denver within days of the event. Like the headline grabbing charlatans they are, the anti gunners DEMANDED that the NRA cancel their convention (as if the NRA had anything to do with these psychos). However, none of the hotels or convention center vendors OR THE CITY of DENVER themselves would REFUND any of the money spent by the NRA. So it was a case of "Give us all your money and fuck off!" by the Mayor of Denver and his followers. The NRA had to cancel all of their social activities and just had the meeting which by their by-laws they had to have in order to vote in the officers of the organization. They still were protested by a march (led by the Denver mayor) and this protest was heavily covered by the MEDIA.

- The local office of a pro gun group was heavily vandalized, and death threats were called to the homes of pro gun activists. (What a great way to protest mindless violence, by committing more mindless violence....)

I know some of the members here are too young to even remember the event. Columbine was pivotal event which led to the newer California Assault weapon ban (the 2nd one since 1989) which screwed over California gun owners by banning anything with a single feature and detachable magazine. The Columbine attack was April 20th, with several months the new AW ban was passed and then California Governor Davis signed it on July 20th, 1999. It went into effect on Midnight December 31st 1999. So these fucktards did more than massacre completely innocent people. They were responsible for some of the most draconian changes in state guns laws in the last 25 years......
Old 04-20-2009, 10:32 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Mark Manes was the son of two former high level BRADY HANDGUN CONTROL GROUP officials.
I actually remember hearing that on at least one CNN report. I think HCI (before they became the Brady Campaign) even had a statement, though I'll have to dig it up...

Quote:
- Anyone with an NRA or pro 2nd amendment bumper sticker on their car, had the car vandalized. A 'mob mentality' was flamed by the mayor of Denver. Three guys I know personally had their trucks firebombed, purely because they had NRA sticker on them.

- The local office of a pro gun group was heavily vandalized, and death threats were called to the homes of pro gun activists. (What a great way to protest mindless violence, by committing more mindless violence....)
I've heard things about this on pro-RKBA message boards, but had no idea how valid it was.

Are you also aware that Rachel Scott's (one of the victims') dad came out in defense of the NRA, but his statement was largely ignored by the media?

Quote:
I know some of the members here are too young to even remember the event. Columbine was pivotal event which led to the newer California Assault weapon ban (the 2nd one since 1989) which screwed over California gun owners by banning anything with a single feature and detachable magazine. The Columbine attack was April 20th, with several months the new AW ban was passed and then California Governor Davis signed it on July 20th, 1999. It went into effect on Midnight December 31st 1999. So these fucktards did more than massacre completely innocent people. They were responsible for some of the most draconian changes in state guns laws in the last 25 years......
My own hometown (Chapel Hill, NC) also discussed making gun laws stricter. Right now, Orange County (where Chapel Hill is located) now has laws requiring a person who wants to get a handgun purchase permit to have three people sign their permit application. This became law not long after Columbine. It's the reason I have never purchased a handgun in my home state.

But obviously, that's not as bad as CA...
Old 04-20-2009, 10:34 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

An article from CNN on stuff not related to gun control:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/20/...ths/index.html

Must admit, some of the stuff in there did contradict my own memories of the incident (I was 13 at the time and remember it pretty well...in part because my school insisted on discussing it for like a week).
Old 04-20-2009, 11:01 PM

I saw articles saying some basic things told to us was a lie.

Take this for instance: In the media We hear about normal kids bullied and forced to be outsiders, being beat on and made fun of, and snapping finally.

In real life, They were known as the school bullies, they were the ones beating on anyone they hated, be it any non whites or "fags." One was even deemed a sociopath after seeing a therapist. How's this for a little role reversal.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:06 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I saw articles saying some basic things told to us was a lie.

Take this for instance: In the media We hear about normal kids bullied and forced to be outsiders, being beat on and made fun of, and snapping finally.

In real life, They were known as the school bullies, they were the ones beating on anyone they hated, be it any non whites or "fags." One was even deemed a sociopath after seeing a therapist. How's this for a little role reversal.
That may be true. But there are also accounts from quite a few Columbine students who say it's not a place for non-conformists.

Also, part of the rumors about them being bullied (instead of bullies themselves) comes from a Columbine student who made homophobic comments and said he'd mocked them in the past.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:31 PM

There are jsut as many people saying H&K said homophobic stuff to them, it's just not as newsworthy i guess. We tend to get what the media wants to report. The truth about any major incident is usually hard to find unfortunately.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:41 PM
IMFDB Admin

What is interesting is that law enforcement, specifically the FBI, went out of their way to pity the Harris and Klebold families. For all accounts, they were kind and normal people who didn't do anything strange or out of the ordinary when raising these two maniacs. Actually there was ONE sociopath and ONE weak person who was swept up in the paranoia and hatred of the Sociopath....

Boy I sure felt sorry for the Harris and Klebold families, especially when the Feds stated that the families were victims and that they had the unfortunate luck of giving birth to 'sociopaths'. Sometimes it's nature, not nurture and sometimes normal people can give birth to monsters. So sad.