imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 10-05-2016, 09:19 PM

Default Is anyone thinking of adding this cooking show to the wiki?

Gordon Ramsay is probably the most well-known chef on TV right now, but what most people don't know is that sometimes he is actually depicted as hunting and bagging his own meat on TV.

Ramsay hunting wild boar.

Ramsay hunting pigeons.

These aren't the only times Ramsay has been filmed hunting with firearms. Since they're real firearms being shown, would this kind of show be eligible for the wiki? And can anyone ID the guns in these videos?
Old 10-05-2016, 09:44 PM
IMFDB Admin

Reality shows (which I assume this would be classified as) are stated as not being automatically eligible under the documentary section of the RSP.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:22 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
Reality shows (which I assume this would be classified as) are stated as not being automatically eligible under the documentary section of the RSP.
Beat me to it.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:05 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Starting to wonder would reality shows be so bad to add? People would ask questions as to what guns are being used

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 10-08-2016, 05:50 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Gordon Ramsay is probably the most well-known chef on TV right now, but what most people don't know is that sometimes he is actually depicted as hunting and bagging his own meat on TV.

Ramsay hunting wild boar.

Ramsay hunting pigeons.

These aren't the only times Ramsay has been filmed hunting with firearms. Since they're real firearms being shown, would this kind of show be eligible for the wiki? And can anyone ID the guns in these videos?
My view is ..... Absolutely NOT! Sorry but I feel strongly about the prohibition against Reality TV.

The first rifle Ramsay uses is a Browning BAR MK II Safari Rifle with Realtree dip Camo pattern. And he then fails utterly with a USP Compact Pistol.

In the Pigeon hunting video, Ramsay is seen holding a Beretta A391 Semi auto hunting shotgun with factory Camo dip.

Personally I'm surprised (at the second video) that the Brits are allowed any bloody firearms at all
Old 10-12-2016, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
My view is ..... Absolutely NOT! Sorry but I feel strongly about the prohibition against Reality TV.
Then would it be such a problem if we made a page just for Gordon Ramsay, not his shows? He's paid and trained for the show's hunting action, not a "regular joe we pulled in off the street to make the show more realistic," and it's not like his Hell's Kitchen contestants are put into his hunting sequences to show how they do.

How about something like Home Improvement starring Tim Allen? Does filming on a live studio stage with live audience reaction and interjections count as being too much like reality TV?

Quote:
The first rifle Ramsay uses is a Browning BAR MK II Safari Rifle with Realtree dip Camo pattern. And he then fails utterly with a USP Compact Pistol.

In the Pigeon hunting video, Ramsay is seen holding a Beretta A391 Semi auto hunting shotgun with factory Camo dip.
Thanks for the IDs. Ramsay is seen hunting with other guns on this show.

Hunting for rooks to make pie

Hunting for Snow Geese with two kinds of shotguns

Trying to hunt deer with a suppressed rifle

A more successful hunt for halal deer

Quote:
Personally I'm surprised (at the second video) that the Brits are allowed any bloody firearms at all
You might find this mini-documentary by the BBC to be informative.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:36 AM
IMFDB Admin

How about we stick to narrative stories in Film, Television, Video Games and Anime and forget about adding new and obscure mini categories to IMFDB?

There are tons of pages that are not finished, terribly done. There are tons of legitimate shows that no one has screen capped or written about yet.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
How about we stick to narrative stories in Film, Television, Video Games and Anime and forget about adding new and obscure mini categories to IMFDB?

There are tons of pages that are not finished, terribly done. There are tons of legitimate shows that no one has screen capped or written about yet.
I don't think that including a list of the firearms Gordon Ramsay has used on his TV shows really requires a new category. We could just include a new page for Gordon Ramsay himself and no other people from his shows, nor pages for his shows if they don't count. The firearms he uses for his hunting episodes are demonstrably real and people could be visiting the wiki to find out about them. I am reminded of R. Lee Ermey's page and how he often played himself demonstrating firearms on Mail Call and Locked and Loaded. Neither of those were narrative stories for TV.

We've expanded the wiki's scope over time. Land mines, for instance, are not strictly firearms but were included. Fighter jet cannons aren't the sort of thing modern infantry can realistically lug around but we've included them too. We've even made a spoiler template when I remember there used to be a no-spoilers policy on the wiki. I do not think one more page for Gordon Ramsay in the manner I outlined would break anything on the wiki.

I'd still like you to ID the firearms on the other Gordon Ramsay clips I linked to if at all possible.

As for the "tons of pages unfinished and unpolished," that's largely a wiki user problem. I think that most of them are the stuff that isn't widely available for most users to screencap. If you want to clean them up, then could a search parameter be included to exclude incomplete/WIP pages from search results?
Old 10-20-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
How about something like Home Improvement starring Tim Allen? Does filming on a live studio stage with live audience reaction and interjections count as being too much like reality TV?
Home Improvement is still scripted, live audience or not. Reality TV is (or at least is supposed to be) unscripted.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 10-20-2016, 06:04 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

And any reality shows on the wiki were grandfathered in following the ban on reality TV. When we complete a page for every eligible film, television series, video game and anime in existance, we'll talk.

Tags
cooking, hunting