imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2011, 05:38 AM

Default What should I get?

I'm gonna come into some money, not much but some, I'd say close to 400 dollars, and I'm thinking of what I'll do with it once I make it, here's what I'm thinking:

Option 1: Buy an original S&W Model 60 outright, with the right GB auction I can have one for 400 dollars, and there isn't much more to get with a revolver other than a holster and maybe some speedloader of some type, but basically, it's its own package. I've kinda been wanting a little gun for use as a backup, something I can put in my pocket around the house rather than one of my full sizes, or down the road I can use it as a concealed carry gun.

Option 2: Save a little extra and buy my friends AKMS. It's an older stamped Vector Arms Underfolder and we worked out a deal, 600 bucks for the gun and 6 mags, 3 metal and 3 Pro Mag. I got to watch others fire it and fire it myself, and it worked well. I also have to put down some extra money for new furniture since he painted the wood black, but I'll also want to buy gear for it like mags, a sling, new furniture (perhaps a rail or new wood, he painted the old wood black) so with it there's a bit more buying to do, though for the most part it's a good package with the gun and several mags to start.

Option 3: Save more and get an AR-15. I've been wanting one for a while and I'm thinking about putting down 800 on a Spikes Tactical AR, either from their site, or however much they cost locally, I know on shop that carries them. Of course this involves more saving, and then when I get the gun, more spending on accessories since I'll want rails and that kinda stuff even more, and I'll only have one or two magazines to start with. It's the most expensive option and the one that requires the most patience, but it's also the one I most "need" as it is a rifle as opposed to another pistol, and it's THE rifle, so to speak.

Any thoughts guys?