imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 07-16-2010, 10:54 PM

its as beautiful as a car wreck is sexy.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:42 PM

Besides being a kimber i like it, good looks and functional. I just wish the trigger could fit more flush.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:16 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Didn't get to shoot the SCAR today (even though my Dad said it would be OK if we rented it, since it's my birthday today). They told me that it was getting a tune-up in the shop. I didn't ask what was wrong with it, but it makes me wonder how good the damn thing can be if they've only had it in for a few months and it already needs work.

Whatever, though. I got to try out my AR with the KAC RAS and vertical grip that we installed on the 4th of July weekend, and got in some time with my SIG (which I haven't shot in months).
Old 07-17-2010, 10:10 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Didn't get to shoot the SCAR today (even though my Dad said it would be OK if we rented it, since it's my birthday today). They told me that it was getting a tune-up in the shop. I didn't ask what was wrong with it, but it makes me wonder how good the damn thing can be if they've only had it in for a few months and it already needs work.

Whatever, though. I got to try out my AR with the KAC RAS and vertical grip that we installed on the 4th of July weekend, and got in some time with my SIG (which I haven't shot in months).
Happy birthday.

I tried to go shoot my SIG today, but the access to my relatives property was blocked off.

About the SCAR, probably could have quite a few people shooting it.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post

Happy birthday.

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 07-18-2010, 05:56 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Besides being a kimber i like it, good looks and functional. I just wish the trigger could fit more flush.
I just used a Beretta 92FS trigger guard and the Kimber was the best color match. If the trigger guard was more flush with the trigger it would be perfect. I have half a mind to e-mail this image to a 1911 manufacturer and suggest the idea. It's a decent look and a trusted ergonomic design.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:58 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt2008 View Post
didn't get to shoot the scar today (even though my dad said it would be ok if we rented it, since it's my birthday today). They told me that it was getting a tune-up in the shop. I didn't ask what was wrong with it, but it makes me wonder how good the damn thing can be if they've only had it in for a few months and it already needs work.

Whatever, though. I got to try out my ar with the kac ras and vertical grip that we installed on the 4th of july weekend, and got in some time with my sig (which i haven't shot in months).
happy birthday matt!
Old 07-18-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
I think a square trigger guard looks down right terrible on a 1911, and the round one looks much better. But I custom built this Kimber with a reverse curve trigger guard (using Photoshop, my online gunshop ^.^) and I think it's a pretty sex look for a 1911.

What do you guys think?
Ugh... that just does NOT look right.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 07-18-2010, 11:33 PM

He's right, it does not. Also, I've seen a few with a perfect 90 degree squared guard and they look alright, but I think the standard curve is best.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:08 PM

Isn't the Scar H/MK17 just an updated FAL?