imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 09-03-2009, 07:36 AM

How about the armory in the Farmer's shed in Hot Fuzz?
Old 09-03-2009, 07:55 AM
aus_shooter

I really liked Arnie's keypad access armoury in Commando.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:06 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Danny Glover's trunk in Predator 2.

A handgun in damn near every caliber and style possible, a customized short-barreled 12-gauge and probably a couple of full sized boomsticks, enough body armor to outfit a platoon...and a CAR-15-style assault rifle with an M203 mounted underneath and HE rounds. And the shit's mobile, too?
The thing I found strange was that he first pulled out a 1911 of some kind and said, "too slow" before putting it back. Then he grabs a shorty Remington 870? Isn't that kind of gun even "slower"?

Of course, he did manage to fire it pretty rapidly when he took out all of those drug dealers, which is what makes the whole scene so ridiculous. Four guys with full-auto Steyr AUGs and H&K G3s, and he's the one who comes out on top against all of them?
Old 09-03-2009, 02:08 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalyn View Post
How about the armory in the Farmer's shed in Hot Fuzz?
Yeah, good one! Of course, that one's mostly supposed to be a spoof of similar scenes in other movies. But I loved it.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:32 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Yeah, good one! Of course, that one's mostly supposed to be a spoof of similar scenes in other movies. But I loved it.
Or later in Hot Fuzz where they filled the evidence room full of those guns.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 09-04-2009, 12:34 AM

There is a movie with Chris Tucker and Charlie Sheen called Money Talks that has a decent armory in it. A few M16s, MP5Ks, Mini-Uzis, a bunch of handguns and what appeared to be an AT4. Something hilarious about the scene is when Charlie Sheen starts talking about the MP5K and says he knows about because he did a report on "Street Weapons." I'm actually surprised there isn't a page for it on here. Then again it's not a great movie.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:47 AM

Hawkin's stash in Jericho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
The thing I found strange was that he first pulled out a 1911 of some kind and said, "too slow" before putting it back. Then he grabs a shorty Remington 870? Isn't that kind of gun even "slower"?
I'm pretty sure he said "too small".

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 09-27-2009, 10:02 AM
lockn_loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Hawkin's stash in Jericho.

I'm pretty sure he said "too small".
I agree, and I also thought Creasy's (Denzel Washington) arsenal in Man On Fire was good.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:20 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekviemo73 View Post
I know weve discussed favourite movies, tv shows and the like, so thought about your favourite or most memorable scene withing a movie or television show. Do you have one?
Make a new thread for that kind of question. This thread is for most impressive armory in a movie.

Another one I've seen again was the Punisher armory. Thomas Jane Punisher where the camera pans forward, showing us an array of weapons.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 11-12-2009, 05:03 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Make a new thread for that kind of question. This thread is for most impressive armory in a movie.

Another one I've seen again was the Punisher armory. Thomas Jane Punisher where the camera pans forward, showing us an array of weapons.
I deleted that post. It was a weird SPAM post which uses an algorithm to 'try' to emulate a person engaging in the conversation, but they never work. No one is that incoherent, unless they are posting completely drunk.......