imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 06-19-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
I'd put an M4-collapsing stock on it, and replace the Tommy-gun foregrip with a light-dedicated forend to get rid of that out-of-place light loaded into the side saddle.
You must have deep pockets.
They look cool but you could buy another shotgun for the price of one of those grips..
Old 06-19-2011, 05:12 PM

I thought about getting a M4 stock for my shotgun so I can use AR 15 sights and keep a proper cheek weld but decided to keep the wood stock. Thinking about selling it and getting a Kel Tec KSG when it finally comes out.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:30 AM

Sootch likes everything pretty much and his reviews aren't as detailed as other people's sometimes, but I'm still one of his subscribers cause he seems like a good dude and his reviews do get me to look at new products (I got drunk on M12 holsters).

And I guess you can throw up the ever convenient "to each his own" flag, but for a Mossberg especially with the safety issue, or any 12 gauge hard kicking shotgun, I don't see a practical justification for placing one on if it has moving parts and the potential to break. I mean it's a shotgun stock, how can you mess up a shotgun stock?
Old 06-20-2011, 03:29 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVETWOSEVEN View Post
Thinking about selling it and getting a Kel Tec KSG when it finally comes out.
Too much can go wrong with that thing.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 06-20-2011, 04:46 AM

I'm not buying one right away, I'm gonna wait till all the kinks, if any, are worked out.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:09 PM

Its Kel tec, there will definitely be kinks, or the cop out for poor fitting with a "break-in period."

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 06-20-2011, 02:23 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

First of all, belated congrats, Excal. I think you made a good choice. I love my own Mossy (even though I also haven't shot it in the two years that I've had it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
You must have deep pockets.
They look cool but you could buy another shotgun for the price of one of those grips..
Are they still as over-priced as they were 10 years ago? I remember trying to buy one for my airsoft MP5, before I wound up settling for a replica instead.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Its Kel tec, there will definitely be kinks, or the cop out for poor fitting with a "break-in period."
I haven't heard anything like that about Kel Tec ever.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:31 PM

I believe in the "break in period" idea, and so do a lot of gun companies for that matter. Kel-Tec products are a bit eh though, but at their price point you can't really complain. You could say the KSG is different in that it costs quite a bit, but at the same time, no other pump action shotgun on the American civilian market offers what it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Too much can go wrong with that thing.
Which is what I've been saying about the Blackhawk stock, at least next to a simple one piece stock.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:09 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
I hate the standard 6 position m4 style stock on everything...even m4s. A magpul or Vltor type has superior cheek weld and same function. but ive heard those blackhawks do suck, they just look cool i guess...
I don't think the LE stock is that bad or uncomfortable (my AR still has one, which I have yet to replace), though I admit that there are superior options available. The only thing I find annoying about putting M4 stocks on guns that aren't M4s is that most people who do that are trying too hard to make their weapons look "tacticool".