imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 02-19-2010, 08:38 AM

Default Why don't people get "No Spoilers"

To me it seems like a bunch of pages are full of spoilers. I went to read the GTA IV page (My interests being I just bought the game) and now I know who dies and so on. I put a spoiler warning at the top of the page. I guess when users are writing article they think that you need to tell the reader ever instance where that gun is used. All they end up doing though is writing mini synopsis on the movie or game exposing key plot details or the whole ending. Ill use GTA IV for reference here (p.s. no offence to whom ever wrote or contributed to the page). This is how it is explained that a Glock 22 is in the game. SPOLIERS:

The standard handgun in Grand Theft Auto IV is visibly a second generation Glock 22. It is the standard issue police sidearm and is used by all law enforcement agents as well as many other characters throughout the game. Jacob gives Niko one in "Jamaican Heat", and Niko uses it to cover Jacob during the level, and he later uses it to execute various characters, notably Vlad Glebov, and Mikhail Faustin. He later uses one when he and Roman enter the apartment of Bernie Crane (aka Florian Cravic), and in the "Deal: Mr and Mrs. Bellic", a hitman uses one to try and kill Niko, but ends up killing Roman with it. In the "Revenge: Out of Commission" Level, Jimmy Pegorino uses one during his last stand against Niko. Though it's difficult to discern this detail in-game, looking at the weapon's texture close up reveals the number "22" on the slide, confirming that it is a Glock 22, despite it's 17 round magazine (incorrect for the caliber). In addition, the front sights on the weapon are a mirror image of the rear sights, which is obviously incorrect. It is also the primary gun a vigalante will use when attacking the player.

Well there goes most of the excitement of playing the game for me lol.
Funny enough here is how the MP-10 is explained as being used in the game.

The MP-10 is standard issue for LCPD N.O.O.S.E. teams and is also used by some gang members. It has a smaller magazine capacity (30 rounds) than the Micro SMG, but is more accurate and has a somewhat longer effective range.

That to me seems a little more fitting to the Rules and Standards of the site no? LOL
Anyone else getting the spoiler vibe with pages or is it just me?
Old 02-19-2010, 01:39 PM

wait...hasnt that game been out for a while
Old 02-19-2010, 10:09 PM

Yes, but do you want people spoiling movies just cause their old? A spoiler is a spoiler, nobody plays every game or watches eevry movie right on the release date.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:20 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauser View Post
Anyone else getting the spoiler vibe with pages or is it just me?
To answer the first question as to why people don't understand NOT to put Spoilers, it's because they either did NOT read the rules or they're idiots I will be charitable and state that they happen to miss the rules banning Spoilers Spoilers are NOT allowed unless there is absolutely NO WAY to document the gun without it.

This member obviously violated the rules of IMFDB. You are well within your right to delete most of the Spoilers (of which it was a ridiculous recap of the entire GAME!!!!) and rewrite it as to not include spoilers
Old 02-20-2010, 07:49 AM

Yup it’s old but that’s my strategy. See a game or movie I like when it’s released, then wait 2 or 4 years to get it so I only have to pay $20 lol. I will edit the descriptions to fit the Rules and Standards then.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:08 PM

Yeah, I agree. There's way too much unnecessary information in that description for the Glock 22 alone.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman