imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 08-20-2009, 12:13 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default Shopping Spree

I just got back from the store and bought a HUGE collection of DVDs to screencap.

Some may have noticed I kinda lost my mojo lately (I've screencapped very few movies at all this month), but here's what I've got now:

1) Miami Vice (2006) [the page could use revamping, and I've been requested to]

2) Total Recall (I saw this and thought "That page's been really bad for a long time now" so I bought it)

3) Underworld (It's not bluray like Matt's Underworld 2 page, but I can make the first page much more complete)

4) The Magnificent Seven (I've been meaning to do this for some time)

5) The Marksman (I saw Wesley Snipes on the cover with a mocked up Uzi and was intrigued. I saw some of this on TV, and there's enough guns for me to ignore the expected crappy plot)

6) Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (I've owned this on VHS for a long time, figured I'd get it on DVD and show off those Golden Desert Eagles and such. Still trying to find the first one)

7) Sands of Iwo Jima (This classic deserves a rightful spot on IMFDb)

8) Lethal Weapon series (Not the fourth, but the first three need revamps badley.)

I've also been sitting on screencaps for Leon (The Professional) for a long time, and will upload them tonight hopefully. I needed to get the DVD back to grab one shot I missed (I accidentally deleted a shot of Leon's holster rig with the grenades on it) and got it back tonight.

And I screencapped Vantage Point last night. Some nice shots of the SIG P229 and too many good shots of the Bruni Model 92 8mm pistols standing in for Berettas, so I'll sadly have to shave lots of them off.

I've also been trying to complete the 2nd and 3rd season of CSI:NY for some time (I don't own the first season though because my sister is the show fan and hates the first season for some reason ) and have The Longest Yard (2005) to screencap as well. The movie sucks, but has some guns in it.

So some may have noticed I've done nothing lately, but trust me, I'll be changing that very soon.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:53 AM
IMFDB Admin

That's great, can't wait to see your work again. When you do Miami Vice and Underworld, feel free to replace my screencaps if you wish.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:23 AM

Awesome, can't wait to see those pages.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:49 AM
IMFDB Admin

BTW, The Marksman was horrible. No one could act in that movie, and Welsey Snipes was untouchable. A hero never in peril is boring. As was the movie, which I was glad ended quickly.

Strangely, the main weapon of all the Rangers and Snipes was this weird gun I couldn't ID. It was like a mix between an Uzi and an MP5. I'll put screenshots up on the Gun ID thread later. Any ideas before hand?
Old 08-20-2009, 11:08 AM

From the trailer's hilarious overuse of stock footage, I'd guess the production was too cheap to get hold of anything resembling a real MP5, so it's probably something else mocked up as one.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:25 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
Some may have noticed I kinda lost my mojo lately (I've screencapped very few movies at all this month)
Uh, when people's activity level drops off on this site, I don't think it means they've lost their "mojo", I tend to think it demonstrates that real life is calling. You know, that thing which exists outside of IMFDB?
Old 08-21-2009, 03:10 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Uh, when people's activity level drops off on this site, I don't think it means they've lost their "mojo", I tend to think it demonstrates that real life is calling. You know, that thing which exists outside of IMFDB?
I suppose so, I've been having more fun and going out more lately. But still, I feel bad for not getting the work done I set for myself. I like screencapping, and I'm glad I'm doing it again.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:11 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelis View Post
From the trailer's hilarious overuse of stock footage, I'd guess the production was too cheap to get hold of anything resembling a real MP5, so it's probably something else mocked up as one.
It most closely resembles an Uzi, but has a hooded front sight, an MP5 stock, and the magazine is loaded in front of the pistol grip, not in it like an Uzi.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:52 AM
IMFDB Admin

Here's some shots of it from the movie (Snipes' has a suppressor fixed, just to be clear):

^ This is another unknown gun, which changes from the other unknown due to continuity.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:55 AM
IMFDB Admin

And for the hell of it, here's some unknown AKs in the movie:

^ The second hand man carries this AK carbine.

^ Almost all of the Russians carry these AKs with foregrips. I'm assuming they are Romanian AIM rifles?

^ And the folding stock version are AIMS?