imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 06-07-2011, 07:26 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

There are SOOOO many thing wrong with this paragraph, I don't even know where to begin.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/dway...od-for-encore/
Old 06-07-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon out on 10/11/11. I think MW3 just got bumped off of the top of the to-pre-order list.

(And is there a rule that every game has to have a gunship level now?)
I'm a little effy on that one. I love the Ace Combat franchise (F-117 Night Storm remains my favorite flight sim, though), but one of the things I liked most about it was the strangereal setting.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 06-07-2011, 08:28 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
I'm a little effy on that one. I love the Ace Combat franchise (F-117 Night Storm remains my favorite flight sim, though), but one of the things I liked most about it was the strangereal setting.
Yeah, I was okay with whatever planet or alternate dimension the rest of the series was set in. Bringing it to the real world just brings in more complications and limitations. Leave the real world to HAWX. I'm guessing it'll be a lot like HAWX, except, you know, good.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
There are SOOOO many thing wrong with this paragraph, I don't even know where to begin.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/dway...od-for-encore/
Let's just reboot the goddamn franchise with a director who can direct and actors who can act. Here's an example of GI Joe done right (made by yours truly):

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=35982

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 06-07-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I was okay with whatever planet or alternate dimension the rest of the series was set in. Bringing it to the real world just brings in more complications and limitations. Leave the real world to HAWX. I'm guessing it'll be a lot like HAWX, except, you know, good.
I'd love for Horizon to get HAWX's flight characteristics, though. If you were flying a Fulcrum or Flanker in HAWX (or pretty much any other plane), you could actually pull off maneuvers like this. Good luck trying that in any previous Ace Combat title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
Let's just reboot the goddamn franchise with a director who can direct and actors who can act. Here's an example of GI Joe done right (made by yours truly):

"Actors"? The only weak point I felt Rise of Cobra had was Channing Tatum.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman

Last edited by Spartan198; 06-07-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
"Actors"? The only weak point I felt Rise of Cobra had was Channing Tatum.
Channing Tatum can not act even if I held a shotgun to his head. But the rest of the actors were okay in their role (like Christopher Eccleston as Destro) or were miscasted (like Marlon Wayans as Ripcord). But the sequel is going to suck so much, not even The Rock can save it. And go check out my fancast!!

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 06-07-2011, 08:55 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post

Two things stuck out: 1) Ken Watanabe is 51 years old. Why not just put Louis Changchien as Storm Shadow? Snake Eyes is supposed to be a white guy anyway. 2) I wonder what Vernon Wells is doing now? I always thought he'd make a great Major Bludd.

Spartan is right, the casting they had for the film wasn't that bad. Channing Tatum makes Keanu Reeves look like Laurence Olivier, and Joseph Gordon Levitt just felt a bit "off" as CC. I don't think he's a bad actor, it's just not the right role for him, in my opinion. As for Marlon Wayans, I know he CAN be a good actor, I just blame the writing.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:58 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
I'd love for Horizon to get HAWX's flight characteristics, though. If you were flying a Fulcrum or Flanker in HAWX (or pretty much any other plane), you could actually pull off maneuvers like this. Good luck trying that in any previous Ace Combat title.
I never used that enhanced manueverabilty whatever in HAWX except to get the achievement anyway. It just felt weird. I know the games aren't supposed to be realistic, but that was just too much.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:00 PM

Got 179 tradein credit at gamestop today. They had the 50% more deal. Funny thing is my copy of left4dead2 i got used for 20 dollars and got 17.95 back

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 06-07-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Two things stuck out: 1) Ken Watanabe is 51 years old. Why not just put Louis Changchien as Storm Shadow? Snake Eyes is supposed to be a white guy anyway. 2) I wonder what Vernon Wells is doing now? I always thought he'd make a great Major Bludd.

Spartan is right, the casting they had for the film wasn't that bad. Channing Tatum makes Keanu Reeves look like Laurence Olivier, and Joseph Gordon Levitt just felt a bit "off" as CC. I don't think he's a bad actor, it's just not the right role for him, in my opinion. As for Marlon Wayans, I know he CAN be a good actor, I just blame the writing.
I thought Ken Wantanabe was 42. And I did not know that Snakw Eyes was white (I always knew he was badass). But do you know who would make a good Tomax and Xamot? Sharlto Copley. What did you think of my other choices?