imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 01-11-2009, 03:54 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default No Comic/Manga artwork in Movie pages....

I'm getting irritated that some of the graphic novel or Manga artwork is being posted on pages dedicated to the MOVIES (!!!) of those books. It does not belong.

Now I am not talking about pre-production art or something related to MOVIE trivia. I've posted some of the pre-production concept art of customized guns, especially on Sci Fi films.

Anyway, it would be like if someone took the graphic novel for Wanted and flooded the movie page with scans from the book. Though the movie STEMS from the book, the artwork from the book does NOT belong on the movie page, only screengrabs or pictures of the guns used. Some of the behind the scenes shots related to gun use in the movie are also appropriate.

Just pointing this out. The Battle Royale page has tons, and I mean TONS of manga artwork scans, so many in fact that the page is slow to load. I did not see this page previously (being that we don't police the entire site all the time), but I noticed that some other admins have updated the gun info on the page, with nary a mention of the inappropriateness of the artwork.

Do people think we should have a dedicated Manga section? I look forward to input.

Last edited by MoviePropMaster2008; 01-12-2009 at 04:45 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:42 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

No we shouldn't. Cause even with Anime and TV series, those fall under the same general area as "films" hence IMFDB, video games are ok, but when we get to comics and manga...not really.

I didn't quite like how Battle Royale was done with what the guns were used in the manga adaption.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 01-11-2009, 10:34 AM
IMFDB Admin

I had made some corrections to the page back when before I was an admin. I thought that it was wrong but figured I didn't really have a say in the manner at the time.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:33 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I don't think we should have a Manga section. I don't think this site was created with print media in mind.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:37 PM
Site Manager

I've got to agree that manga would be a gray area - especially if people begin to post screenshots. We recreate such a small portion of a film with a small screenshot we can fall under fair use, but if we're posting a page out of a manga I'm not sure that's fair use.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:48 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Well for one of my anime Black Lagoon, I couldn't get a descent screen cap of a shotgun, so I took it from the manga verison which was the same weapon, thankfully,

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 01-31-2009, 11:35 PM
IMFDB Admin

I'm not sure if this counts the same but I wanted to add some scans from Watchmen to the page for comparison (and possibley predict the guns soon to be seen in the film). Should I not.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:27 AM
IMFDB Admin

Just wait until a trailer comes out with guns so you don't have to waste your time.