imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 03-16-2009, 06:34 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
There's actually a sequel coming out in a few months. It was confirmed it has another public sex scene.
Oh, Jesus...

That makes me feel sorry for Jason Statham. Dude's a talented actor, so I find annoying that he only seems to get cast in low-budget, brain-dead action franchises like "Crank" and "The Transporter". He needs to make more movies like "The Bank Job" (a really good crime caper, BTW).
Old 03-16-2009, 06:56 PM
IMFDB Admin

Crank: High Voltage. Now energy drinks aren't enough because I guess his heart is missing or something, so he has to electrically boost himself. I see him grab eletronic generators in the movie, good way to melt into a puddle of nothing.

I'll still probably cap it though, since it will inevitably be popular to the public.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:44 PM

I see the idea of him having a heart keeping organs running but that fall would make his brain mush and break his bones so he can't run.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:58 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
I'll still probably cap it though, since it will inevitably be popular to the public.
What do you mean by "popular"? Jason Statham's movies mostly seem to make money because they tend to have small budgets. IMDB says "Crank" made $27 million domestic box office on a $12 million budget. So it was a success, but not exactly "popular" with the public in the same way as...say, "The Dark Knight".
Old 03-18-2009, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Yes, this is correct. I don't know if the majority were, but a very large percentage of guns mistaken for the Beretta 92F in cinema/TV are actually Taurus PT92s. Many IMFDB editors didn't even know how to tell the difference between the two guns before I joined this site (and the main reason I know the difference is because I used to own a PT92).
Guilty.

I've done this several times, either through simple inattention or just being unable to tell clearly. Same with the Beretta 92FS/92SB deal. To my credit though, I did get it right with Quantum of Solace, and try to with Wanted (imagine my surprise when I saw that it was a 92S...)

Last edited by Clutch; 03-18-2009 at 02:46 AM. Reason: explanation
Old 03-18-2009, 03:01 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Guilty.

I've done this several times, either through simple inattention or just being unable to tell clearly. Same with the Beretta 92FS/92SB deal. To my credit though, I did get it right with Quantum of Solace, and try to with Wanted (imagine my surprise when I saw that it was a 92S...)
No worries, it's a very common mistake. More often than not, it's a mistake that the armorers want you to make; sometimes the PT92 is used because the Beretta simply wasn't available for a particular scene. In "The Boondock Saints", for instance, it looks like they couldn't get Berettas for the poker game shooting scene, so the Taurus was used instead.

Also, I just added screencaps this weekend to my page for the 90s TV show "Viper". There's an episode in that show where the bad guys, who are supposed to be rogue U.S. Army intelligence officers, are all armed with Taurus PT92s even though they should have Berettas (they also use Diemaco C7s, standing in for the M16A2).
Old 03-18-2009, 03:38 AM
IMFDB Admin

It's actually pretty obvious that they want you to think they are Berettas, they put Beretta grips on them, like in The Boondock Saints and The Matrix.