imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Guns & Movies

Old 02-15-2009, 12:33 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I saw we should only screen cap well known WWII movies and semi known ones. Like we've already done Saving Private Ryan, that's a famous one. The Thin Red Line is another, and we should screencap recently known ones like what was done for Letters from Iojima and Flags of our Fathers. I think if we got the spare time, we should do every movie, TV show, and game with guns in them, but we're only human and are limited by our free time, and where we can aquire dvds.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 02-15-2009, 05:18 PM
IMFDB Admin

I wanted to do Flags of our Fathers but someone else did it. It's kind of asshole-ish if I still did the movie but I REALLY wanted to do the movie (and the page was made sub-par, missed a lot of good shots). I also have The Thin Red Line to do.

As we speak I'm doing 3:10 to Yuma (2007), because the page isn't so hot right now and you know how I am with westerns. Then the Boondock Saints is getting the uprgrade it needs.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:40 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I saw we should only screen cap well known WWII movies and semi known ones. Like we've already done Saving Private Ryan, that's a famous one. The Thin Red Line is another, and we should screencap recently known ones like what was done for Letters from Iojima and Flags of our Fathers. I think if we got the spare time, we should do every movie, TV show, and game with guns in them, but we're only human and are limited by our free time, and where we can aquire dvds.
Don't get me wrong...if you really like a movie (for whatever reason), you should always feel free to screencap it. I did a page for the TV show "Harsh Realm", which almost nobody in the whole world remembers.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:13 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I'm going to look that one up eventually when I got time.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 02-20-2009, 11:10 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I'm going to look that one up eventually when I got time.
Eh, it's not that great a show, frankly. Though there's one really cool episode where the lead characters get trapped in a VR simulation for a WWII battle that I liked a lot.

Oh, yeah, and interestingly enough, Max Martini (who you know best nowadays as Mack Gerhardt on "The Unit") was a principle cast member on that show. It also had D.B. Sweeney, the dude who played the leader of the Ravenwood mercenaries in "Jericho".
Old 02-21-2009, 04:25 PM
IMFDB Admin

Well as I said, I'll look up this show