imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 09-06-2010, 10:06 PM

MPM2008, could you please, tell use who's the woman in your Avatar?

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 09-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Banned

Is this a paid position?
Old 09-07-2010, 01:06 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunni View Post
I'm really not quite sure yet. I was thinking the reviews would be on a separate section - and the goal is not to duplicate the content of our pages, which we try and keep impartial.

I have had some people submit new media/youtube style reviews, I'm not opposed to that.
Very Cool. I will be looking forward to seeing this and any other items implemented to IMFDB to make it even better than it is. The site is growing faster than I thought it would and it will change more over time. I remember when IMDB was completely different and now you have reviews and links to sites selling those same movies. We just keep moving forward.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:32 AM

I can do it for FREE because i've got so much pics and information from IMFDB, and i am still very thankful about it. However, my grammar sucks, nobody likes my postings...

So....... WHATEVER.

Good luck with good reviewer
Old 09-07-2010, 04:40 AM

Do you need real-life experience with firearms to be paid for this review position? I'd like to write reviews for the games I've made pages for or contributed heavily towards. Just look to the pages now for S.W.A.T. 4, Silent Hill 3, or No One Lives Forever for samples of my work.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:44 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

When I said "new media," I just meant stuff as it comes out. A review of the Expendables, for example, and not one of Rambo II. That could take forever.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:05 PM

I know that I have asked about starting an Official IMFDB page in order to counter act the MW2 playing idiot who is using that title.

As far as what i would want that page for would be things like film reviews, things like brief informational pieces like MPM's history of the M16 in cinima, site updates and soforth. Unfortunatly Bunni is the only one with the Authority to say yes and I don't have the money to get such a project past the pipe dream stage.

As far as writing up traditional reviews go I am not very good at typing.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Site Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
The question is WHY? And how would they get paid? Is there a revenue stream if IMFDB has reviews?

I'm not thrilled with reviews because it's a whole nuther layer of stuff that has nothing to do with documenting firearms appearances in films.

But if Bunni has a brilliant master plan that he has not revealed to us, then I'm all ears!
The why is that I'm trying to create content we'll enjoy reading - and bring a unique opinion/perspective/analysis to film that the mainstream media is never going to see/appreciate. The pay would be per word, and freelance, I couldn't possibly hire any permanent employees.

The reviews would be separate from the wiki - but the goal is to create content that we'll find interesting and that wouldn't otherwise ever have a voice.

The most interesting application so far is from an officer who has seen several deployments. This is someone whos perspective we may find interesting.

It's really an experiment - we've grown to a size now where I think we have some really incredible talent in our readership - talent that spans throughout the entertainment industry and beyond. Let's stretch our legs a bit and see what we can do.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunni View Post
The most interesting application so far is from an officer who has seen several deployments. This is someone whos perspective we may find interesting.
very cool....choose him, no need to look farther lol
Old 09-09-2010, 01:58 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

It could be interesting, but the idea sounds rather vague to me (as it's been put forth). To make sure I'm clear...are we going for something similar to this:

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/ai...?ReviewCatID=1

I think that before we take submissions, it would be a good idea to figure out what we're looking for, and devise an appropriate format.

Last edited by MT2008; 09-09-2010 at 02:00 AM.