imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 05-28-2011, 03:33 PM

I cant wait to used neuterd, nerfed weapons online

Seriously, people bitch about a noob tube then they make an eod suit that makes you near invinible. You can hold a grenade in your hand and watch it go off then just stroll around like it was nothing. i think dumping a flamethrower into somebody then having them shoot me with a smg since 4 seconds of fire bounced off them is more annoying than a m203.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 05-28-2011, 04:51 PM

Another game in which the U.S. military will be portrayed as bumbling an inept, without proper support, yet still visicious towards civillian, and requiring the help of the SAS to win the day.

Think I'll pass.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:55 PM

Huh? The u.s. military kicks ass in that and there usually isnt even civilians on maps (except no russian, the level was actually made to show how evil the bad guys were.) The military takes back dc, kills abunch of terrorists ad commies i the series. I dont htink there "bumblig and inept" or "vivious towards civilians."

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 05-28-2011, 04:59 PM

See, I hated "No Russian" because at the end of the day, you're still playing an American on that mission, and I'd be willing to bet that you give a Ranger an M-4/203, he could take out five Russian terrorists, which the game doesn't let you do.

Further more, I always thought that we couldn't have saved D.C. until Price fired off the SS-18. (Which we won't even discuss how a SAS commando can by pass several permissive action links that require the approval of the Russkie National Command Authority)

Also, you mean to tell me that two SAS men, without much in the way in support can inflitrate a base defended by an entire PMC?

Carrying on merrily, you seriously expect me to believe that a LTG is working solely with PMCs?
Old 05-28-2011, 05:05 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
See, I hated "No Russian" because at the end of the day, you're still playing an American on that mission, and I'd be willing to bet that you give a Ranger an M-4/203, he could take out five Russian terrorists, which the game doesn't let you do.

Further more, I always thought that we couldn't have saved D.C. until Price fired off the SS-18. (Which we won't even discuss how a SAS commando can by pass several permissive action links that require the approval of the Russkie National Command Authority)

Also, you mean to tell me that two SAS men, without much in the way in support can inflitrate a base defended by an entire PMC?

Carrying on merrily, you seriously expect me to believe that a LTG is working solely with PMCs?
Were Shepherd's guys PMCs? I always thought they were US military, albeit only loyal to him and his cause. It bothered the hell out of me.

Last edited by funkychinaman; 05-29-2011 at 04:18 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:06 PM

Then o russian level was to try and infiltrate the cell and see their log term plans, not to do something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VuVRE6BOJc

Would you kill 100 to save a million? The game was trying to say that. Also, my problem with o russian is it was poorly written (like an america shot point blak by his ow me starts a war but a ma with a military record doest even put o a mask ad has his face showing to cameras and it gets igored.)

MW2 had plot holes you could fly a 747 through, but things like the missile were to add suspese ad actio ad exitement, not realism. Shepard was a cool bad guy, honestly goig after the same genric bad guys time after time a new bad guy was more exiting. Besides, how may games do you fight in u.s. suburbs? It was kida cool.

Grunt, Mass effect 3
Old 05-28-2011, 05:48 PM

I always thought the "Shadow Company" guys were PMCs, an omage to the Shadow Company bad guys from the first lethal weapon movie.

Wasn't Makarov the cell leader? Obviously, he wasn't hiding out like bin Laden was, so a shot to the back of his head would have probably saved everyone a lot of griev.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:44 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
I always thought the "Shadow Company" guys were PMCs, an omage to the Shadow Company bad guys from the first lethal weapon movie.

Wasn't Makarov the cell leader? Obviously, he wasn't hiding out like bin Laden was, so a shot to the back of his head would have probably saved everyone a lot of griev.
An homage to an action movie? In MW2? How clever, and original, and absolutely not done to death in that game.

I agree with the Makarov thing. You can uncover Makarov's plans, or you can just shoot him right then and there and make all those plans moot. Then again, they would've never found out about Shepard.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:27 PM

Most of what Shep does can be put down to his slightly weird obsession with writing himself into history as a hero. Hence why he never shuts up about it.

There's only one explanation for everything that's happened to me so far: This universe is trolling me.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Where Shepherd's guys PMCs? I always thought they were US military, albeit only loyal to him and his cause. It bothered the hell out of me.
Isn't that kinda the definition of a PMC?

To me, fighting in New York is the epitome of stupid. To do so is to surrender any artilery, air support, and armor advantage. Artillery and aircraft are useless with the tall buildings and helecopters are vulnerable to anti-tank-rockets and machine guns, since the buildings get in the way and limit manuvability. APCs will be better than tanks, since the autocannon of an APC has a higher elevation than a tank's main gun, and any advantage the tank has in the armor department is negated (again) by anti-tank teams six stories up shooting at the thin top armor.

Then throw in, say, 12,000 cops (1/3 the NYPD), thousands of soldiers, and the ability for defenders to move undetected though the miles of subway tunnels, ellectric and phone corridors by whatever utilites works stay behind and the result will be worse than Stalingrad, all for a city of no real value. Yes, it has a port. By the time you can use it, all the streets will be rubble-filled and covered by snipers.

One last thing: How did the Russians whip up another invation force? The first one was EMP'd back to the Stone Age, left to deal with a whole bunch of angry Americans.

Last edited by Mandolin1; 05-29-2011 at 01:24 AM.