imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Just Guns

Old 05-22-2014, 05:47 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I was thinking of just getting the Sub2K that takes the Glock mags. Would be kinda cool if they made one that is is 10mm or .45 ACP

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 05-23-2014, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I was thinking of just getting the Sub2K that takes the Glock mags. Would be kinda cool if they made one that is is 10mm or .45 ACP
I'd go for that one if I didn't have 2 guns that already take 59 pattern mags. A Sub 2000 with a bunch of 33-rounders would be sweeeeeeeet

A .45 Sub 200 that takes 15-round FNX-45 mags would be really cool

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 05-23-2014, 03:03 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

I was thinking about getting a "pistol" AR in 9mm and put the SIG SB-15 on it.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 05-23-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
I was thinking about getting a "pistol" AR in 9mm and put the SIG SB-15 on it.
Yeeessssssssss

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 05-23-2014, 10:00 PM
IMFDB Admin

Yeah, it's gonna be sweet once I buy it after my next couple pay checks.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:16 AM

[quote=Excalibur;40691]I was thinking of just getting the Sub2K that takes the Glock mags. Would be kinda cool if they made one that is is 10mm or .45 ACP[/QU]

Technically for the 10MM or .45ACP you could go for a Roni carbine-pistol system...though you'd have to shell out roughly $340 for the carbine part and $500-$600 for a Glock or a SIG, dunno if there are models for pistols by other companies than those two. Hi-Point makes a .45ACP complete carbine for $341 (@Buds) but i think the mags are kinda on the small side. I thought about doing the former once but backed off due to the combined price...and I'm major cheapass sometimes.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:34 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

[quote=CGB92Fan;40757]
Quote:
I was thinking of just getting the Sub2K that takes the Glock mags. Would be kinda cool if they made one that is is 10mm or .45 ACP[/QU]

Technically for the 10MM or .45ACP you could go for a Roni carbine-pistol system...though you'd have to shell out roughly $340 for the carbine part and $500-$600 for a Glock or a SIG, dunno if there are models for pistols by other companies than those two. Hi-Point makes a .45ACP complete carbine for $341 (@Buds) but i think the mags are kinda on the small side. I thought about doing the former once but backed off due to the combined price...and I'm major cheapass sometimes.
Don't you also need a tax stamp for a Roni?
Old 06-09-2014, 03:01 AM
IMFDB Admin

Yeah, I ain't paying uncle sugar for a stamp for my right to own a firearm.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:08 AM

Anyone know how many rounds of 125 grain .357 Magnum ammunition a Model 19/66 can fire before damage occurs? I keep trying to look it up and all find is 125 grain being the model 66 & 19's kryptonite. Anyway it's really pushing me towards the 586/686 series or the GP100...
Old 06-11-2014, 12:58 AM

I remember seeing a table that showed different variations of the Model 19/66, how many rounds had been fired, and which guns had experienced forcing cone cracks. Many of the guns saw thousands of rounds before cracking, and some still hadn't cracked after thousands of rounds. In all likelihood, it will never happen if you shoot 125 grain rounds. I've also read that the Model 66 is especially resilient to this Achilles heel, as the quality of their stainless steel is higher than that of the blued carbon steel guns. It's not hard to find 158 grain loads either, or to shoot just .38 Special through the gun either.

I understand the paranoia though, and I'd just as easily vouch for a 586/686 too, as long as they aren't recent production. If you're relegated to recent production guns, the GP100 is probably the way to go.