imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 12-31-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Im okay with pro gun commentary, as long as its not stupid and is well informed. Just get rid of political crap on other issues that have nothing to do with guns, like if you see abortion/environment/gay amrriage debates, delete those. There was also that dumbass ira supporter putting crap on the patriot games page, get rid of that crap too if you see more.
Gah, that person was the most miss informed Asshole I have ever met on this site. I'm sorry but Irish history is alot less the british are a bunch of murderous scumbags than he could ever wish. Everything he spouted was propaganda.

Back on subject, From every reliable source of information i can find Gun bans are allways for political reasons and not for public safty.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:45 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcatrazz View Post
Before I chopped, this was in the page for the Cobray 37 flare launcher
I put it back. Sorry, that is correct info. The wording could be a little less hostile, but then YOU"RE not the ones who are getting their livelihood ruined by ignorance.

Last edited by MoviePropMaster2008; 01-01-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:36 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

On the one hand, I do agree that we are quite obviously a pro-RKBA site. That should be self-evident from our title alone.

On the other hand, I would rather we not come across as being overly political, just because that (like many other things) sounds unprofessional. Our job should be to serve as an encyclopedia, nothing more. There are plenty of other sites on the 'Net for gun-related political commentary, and I'd rather we stay away from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
I put it back. Sorry, that is correct info. The wording could be a little less hostile, but then YOU"RE not the ones who are getting their livelihood ruined by ignorance.
The wording definitely needs to be more neutral. Even if the law is ignorant (and I'm sure as hell not denying that it is), it would be better not to express an opinion about it. Saying that Cobray launchers are being banned by anti-gun politicians is a fact that can't be denied. But using words like "ignorant" adds an opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
There was also that dumbass ira supporter putting crap on the patriot games page, get rid of that crap too if you see more.
I already did a while ago. Unfortunately, I also had to lock those pages, too.

It annoys me because I basically won't ever be able to make pages for any of the movies about the Northern Ireland conflict (which I used to be very interested in) without these bastards adding their pro-terrorist commentary.

Last edited by MT2008; 01-01-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:38 PM

Thank you, Matt. You are a scholar and a gentleman. Can I count on you to neutralize, in between screencapping and being awesome?
Old 01-02-2010, 01:50 AM

The AWB sniping(ha, ironic word choice) is mainly just a cheap shot.

Like:
"Here we can see Arnold Schwarzenegger wielding an AK-47. This would be impossible under the asinine AWB of the 90s."

No... really? The AWB was asinine? But they banned the Tec-9 assault rifle! And the OA-96 heavy machine gun! However could it have been a bad thing?

Anyway, the forums are a place made for opinions. The guns pages of movies, not so much.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:56 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacallyChallenged View Post
The AWB sniping(ha, ironic word choice) is mainly just a cheap shot.

Like:
"Here we can see Arnold Schwarzenegger wielding an AK-47. This would be impossible under the asinine AWB of the 90s."

No... really? The AWB was asinine? But they banned the Tec-9 assault rifle! And the OA-96 heavy machine gun! However could it have been a bad thing?

Anyway, the forums are a place made for opinions. The guns pages of movies, not so much.
Uh no, the quote is asinine because the Assault Weapon ban would have NO BEARING on whether Arnold could fire an AK47 to begin with. What page is THAT quote on? That should be removed because it makes no sense.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:20 AM

No no, I mean that sometimes descriptions of certain firearms will contain the words: "Assault Weapon Ban" alongside words like: "misinformed" "stupid."

True, not true, these words should probably be left out of the website.

Example: OA-93(got the number wrong last post, sorry)

"to keep the pistol under the ridiculous and arbitrary '50 oz. weight limit' imposed by the Clinton Ban."

Arbitrary = fine.
Ridiculous = arguable.

See what I mean? Nobody can find fault with you for calling the 50oz limit arbitrary. Because it was, just a number decided on. But since there are people who think it's not "ridiculous" it's safer to just not say anything.

Assuming you DO want to cut down on political bias.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:26 AM

I have to agree, I think we should try to keep the main site as politically neutral as we can. Or if a biased statement on a page is absolutely essential, it should be worded more professionally.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 01-02-2010, 08:43 AM

Yep. Politically neutral.
As much as a place about guns can be. Not easy always, but worth it in the long run.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:45 AM

Taken from the "cold dead hands" screen shot under the M1911A1 entry on the Red Dawn page:
Quote:
In the lead up to seeing the first M1911A1 we see this iconic bumper sticker - this saying was popular during the 1970s and 1980s and indicated most American gun owner's disdain for draconian gun control.
The bolded word should be removed. I'd do it myself, but I'm unable to edit the page.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman