imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 06-29-2013, 06:21 PM

Default Creating actor pages

Is there a set number of films an actor has to appear in using a firearm before they get a page?

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 06-29-2013, 10:12 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Is there a set number of films an actor has to appear in using a firearm before they get a page?
One. If an actor has used a firearm and is mentioned on an existing pages, then they can get a page of their own in my oppinion.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:42 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Theoretically just one, but I always check the actor's IMDB page to see how many roles they've had. For cameo roles or actors with short careers, I tend not to bother.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:50 AM

Oh, okay. I was looking at the Rambo page, noticing that Jake La Botz was still red, and was going to make a page for him unless there's a specific reason he doesn't have one.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman
Old 06-30-2013, 03:54 PM
IMFDB Admin

I don't tend to differentiate whether an actor gets a page by looking at their imdb profile. If they have used a weapon in a notable role (pretty much if they are a named character or are significant in some way) then I will give them a page, regardless if it is a one-off role or not. Anyway, somebody may only have appeared in a couple of films but used a number of weapons, whilst there are some very prolific actors who have never used a gun onscreen.

I wouldn't bother doing a page for someone in the background who is using the same weapon as other characters though, for example background characters in war movies. However if one of the characters uses a different weapon, I might give them a page (assuming they are credited or otherwise identifiable) due to the fact that the actors name would be used in the description and weapon pages and don't want to leave red links.

So in this case Jake La Botz should deffinitely have a page, as he is identifiable, has a character name, appears to have a significant role (ha
Old 06-30-2013, 08:43 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando552 View Post
I don't tend to differentiate whether an actor gets a page by looking at their imdb profile. If they have used a weapon in a notable role (pretty much if they are a named character or are significant in some way) then I will give them a page, regardless if it is a one-off role or not. Anyway, somebody may only have appeared in a couple of films but used a number of weapons, whilst there are some very prolific actors who have never used a gun onscreen.

I wouldn't bother doing a page for someone in the background who is using the same weapon as other characters though, for example background characters in war movies. However if one of the characters uses a different weapon, I might give them a page (assuming they are credited or otherwise identifiable) due to the fact that the actors name would be used in the description and weapon pages and don't want to leave red links.

So in this case Jake La Botz should deffinitely have a page, as he is identifiable, has a character name, appears to have a significant role (ha
The thing is, you never know if that guy is going to end up needing a page. For example, this guy who played a random State Trooper in The Last Stand turned out to be the villain in an episode of Longmire.