imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > imfdb

Old 03-10-2009, 08:01 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default We need to start populating empty or lame pages!

All active members of IMFDB should start looking at the existing roster of pages and try their best to populate the lean or totally lame pages. I get frustrated because there seems to be a small minority us (Mods and super users) who are trying to complete movie and gun pages and there seems to always be an avalanche of new pages being created by anonymous users, without content, or a few notations that are lame. I differentiate these pages with new pages that are unveiled and they are already nearly 100% complete within a day, but it's usually a mod or a super user that creates pages like that.

Just a thought.

(edit) BTW: Kudos to the Mods and Super Users who have done a herculean effort to populate a bunch of the pages already.... I was just hoping we could keep this trend on going. There is a RADICAL difference in the completeness of the pages on IMFDB in recent days , compared to a year ago when I joined. Kudos to those who are already doing this. Now we need to make sure all Users know that this should be the case.

Last edited by MoviePropMaster2008; 03-10-2009 at 08:04 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:02 AM

I can't do much in terms of in-game screenshots, but I've played the console versions of the Ghost Recon games up and down and know them like the back of my hand, and I can write some descriptions and add weapon pics to them.

Edit: I've begun work on the page for the first Ghost Recon game, but I can't seem to figure out how to get everything to line up properly.

See for yourself what I mean: http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Ghost_Recon

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman

Last edited by Spartan198; 03-10-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:46 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Edit: I've begun work on the page for the first Ghost Recon game, but I can't seem to figure out how to get everything to line up properly.
You need to change the alignment value in the line: Here is the first line of the first pic on your page

[[Image:M16A4Standard.jpg|thumb|right|500px|M16A4 with carry handle attached and standard A2 handguards - 5.56mm]]

You need to change the value of "RIGHT" to "NONE" and it will line up on the left side of the page.

[[Image:M16A4Standard.jpg|thumb|none|500px|M16A4 with carry handle attached and standard A2 handguards - 5.56mm]]

Also look on the net for FREE DVD image capturing software. They're everywhere. i got mine as a free download. Just make sure you have some sort of photo editing software, like Photoshop or one of the free softwares, that allow you to lighten or resize or crop your images that you capture from the DVD. As for Video Games, I'm not sure (Help from the VG experts here?)
Old 03-10-2009, 08:12 PM
IMFDB Admin

I think you can cap videogames with DVD-R, like gaming magazines do. If you have a PC game, all you have to do is capture the image from the game and save it.

I don't think video games are the biggest concern, the empty pages are worse.

I personally think anonymous users shouldn't be allowed to make pages and if a user makes a page, it has to meet complete standards or it is deleted.

That way, we can control the intake of movie pages while we fix all the empty pages. Too many people call IMFDB crap or unorganized but it isn't our faults! We work hard to make good pages but we are taking one step forward and 1000 back with all the anonymous users attacking the site.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:38 PM

Maybe take a page out of Wikipedia's book and create a page ranking system in terms od quality. That way people can see what is a good article should be.

I've been going through the pages and I am working on editing the crap pages so that they are at least organized and then latter if I have the free time going back and adding links and photo's.

Just look at the Jagged Alliance 2 page to see what i mean.