imfdb.org  

Go Back   imfdb.org > The Forum > Off Topic

Old 11-16-2012, 07:02 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...chise-our-time

I did not realize that they're basically doing the Highlander thing where every sequel ignores the previous sequel. I loved the first movie, it was the first DVD I ever bought. I think it's ripe for a remake.
They really should stop remaking movies. Especially 80s and 90s action movies

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”
Old 11-16-2012, 07:14 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
They really should stop remaking movies. Especially 80s and 90s action movies
I really don't mind as much as I used to. It's one thing if a movie still holds up today, but some of these action movies are really dated.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a remake of The Dirty Dozen. Are you really willing to let such a great premise die after one great film and three so-so sequels? Hell, I'd like to see Hollywood do a remake of The Dirty Dozen once every ten or twenty years, with an entirely new cast and a different director each time.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:20 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I really don't mind as much as I used to. It's one thing if a movie still holds up today, but some of these action movies are really dated.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a remake of The Dirty Dozen. Are you really willing to let such a great premise die after one great film and three so-so sequels? Hell, I'd like to see Hollywood do a remake of The Dirty Dozen once every ten or twenty years, with an entirely new cast and a different director each time.
Remakes are only good if the remake is just as good as the original. If we get a good cast, a good director, writer, producer, well funded studio. All those are key to a good movie. If we get bad one even one of those, the remake could turn into Total Recall...stupid and confusing and not even fun. Sure Arnold's Total Recall was really kinda silly but it had Arnold and that's what made the movie fun to watch

Now they are remaking Robocop and the suit looks like Robobatman.

I do admit that Dredd is a good movie to watch because it's less about the big story and the plot is centered around one incident.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle

Old 11-17-2012, 12:57 AM

I just came back from seeing Wreck It Ralph. It was pretty good.

And Fullmetal Alchemist is an awesome anime.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 11-17-2012, 04:04 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
I just came back from seeing Wreck It Ralph. It was pretty good.

And Fullmetal Alchemist is an awesome anime.
I'd watch Wreck it Ralph again.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is an awesomely faithful adaption of the source material and damn it had a more satisfied ending than the first series

Old 11-17-2012, 05:12 AM

Quote:
I'd watch Wreck it Ralph again.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is an awesomely faithful adaption of the source material and damn it had a more satisfied ending than the first series
I haven't finish watching the first series. I'll Watch FMA: Brotherhood when I'm finished with the first FMA series.

You're every bit the detective that your followers on internet believe - Brainiac, Superman The Animated Series
Old 11-17-2012, 05:35 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish941 View Post
I haven't finish watching the first series. I'll Watch FMA: Brotherhood when I'm finished with the first FMA series.
FMA Brotherhood got almost 3 times the budget than the first FMA series so you'll notice a bump in animation quality and more funding means more episodes and almost no filler

Old 11-17-2012, 05:36 AM

Saw Skyfall again because my friend asked me if I wanted to go see it with him, and I figured that I don't see him often enough.

Yesterday, I bought Binary Domain and Splinter Cell: Conviction. Binary Domain is pretty fun, from what I can tell from the half hour or so that I played.

http://www.introvertisland.com
Old 11-17-2012, 05:51 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

My buddy got me Halo 4 as an early birthday gift, and holy crap, it's gorgeous. It's hard to believe that Halo 3 and 4 both came out on the same system, because the difference is astounding.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:00 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
The story is rather take it or leave it. It did explain the motive of the villain...he's bat shit insane and wants the world to burn, but it doesn't explain how the FUCK did he gain this much power and technology.
IIRC, wasn't it that "Cordus Die" is some Scientology / Moonie-type religion-thing which involves giving a lot of money and power to the founder? He probably invested that in legitimate business interests (things like that 3D fabrication plant in the first future level) and bided his time until he had enough money for evil.

As for the game itself, I'm actually legitimately impressed by just how much work they've put into making the singleplayer campaign fun and different. Sure, it's extremely silly, but it's way more fun than MW3 and doesn't have anything like the level of lazy design as, say, MW3's impossibly boring Hamburg level.

The only real false start is Strike Force mode; I get what they were trying to do (it's a pseudo-RTS where you can directly control units) but it has the same basic AI issue as Brink; the AI has no real concept of moving as a unit so you tend to have a constant flow of single guys rather than squads moving together. Usually you just have to grab someone and do it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Yesterday, I bought Binary Domain and Splinter Cell: Conviction. Binary Domain is pretty fun, from what I can tell from the half hour or so that I played.
The first half hour of Binary Domain is rather misleading, actually, because the game is MUCH more fun than that.

Last edited by Evil Tim; 11-17-2012 at 09:35 AM.